MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Quote:When you are a "MINOR", you are not old enough to take "LEGAL" responsibility of a "LAWSUIT" no matter what part of the world your in.

You assume legal responsibility for your actions when you are deemed able to tell the difference between right and wrong. Here in Australia you can take criminal responsibility for your actions once you are 10 years old, though it's not likely to happen until your 14.
Parents today I am sure find it difficult to give there children enough time to fully explore the real world and be involved in outside activities when usually both parents are working hard monday to friday so parents dont have that time to watch or spend time with there children.

For example: teach your children how to build a house and to draw it on paper, or how to build a bridge or how to repair your bicycle... etc

But it's also important to understand that when parents dont follow rules and cant afford to do creative things with there own children its much more easier enough to just hand them over a computer.

Thats why some children today dont have a self esteem ... everything in there minds is based off the net.
(2010-06-27, 04:29 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:When you are a "MINOR", you are not old enough to take "LEGAL" responsibility of a "LAWSUIT" no matter what part of the world your in.

You assume legal responsibility for your actions when you are deemed able to tell the difference between right and wrong. Here in Australia you can take criminal responsibility for your actions once you are 10 years old, though it's not likely to happen until your 14.

In the USA in legal situations that involves lawsuits it is the parents who are held responsible and not the minor and or those under 18. Now say if the kid kills someone they can then be charged as a adult depending on the situation. Basically if the kid commits the act themselves ( no help from someone over 18 ) then yeah they are responsible. Keep in mind all binding legal contracts cannot be done by minors and requires a parents/legal guardians signature which is who ends up responsible if something happens. This is one reason i rarely do business with a minor. Because if something happens that they did i cannot sue them because i couldn't get a legal binding contract because they are a minor. Anyone who say's otherwise does not know the laws of this country. Now if they can get mom or dad to sign for them and thus take full responsibility then yeah i'll do it.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5030458_legal-...t-age.html
(2010-06-27, 05:11 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.ehow.com/about_5030458_legal-...t-age.html

thanks for sharing that informative link
You know terms of services when registering on a board, could a minor argue they are not of legal ageto agree to that contract, therefore it is not relevant?
(2010-06-27, 08:31 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]You know terms of services when registering on a board, could a minor argue they are not of legal ageto agree to that contract, therefore it is not relevant?

Ofcourse but then the board owner is free to ban or not allow them on that site as well. Smile
(2010-06-27, 04:26 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask, how old are you Technoman?
(2010-06-27, 08:49 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-27, 08:31 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]You know terms of services when registering on a board, could a minor argue they are not of legal ageto agree to that contract, therefore it is not relevant?

Ofcourse but then the board owner is free to ban or not allow them on that site as well. Smile

Interesting, i should've thought about contract law. I wonder, if a minor does come onto grounds, and signs, that could make the owner delete all traces. Though again, then the parents could be in trouble, teaching kids to lie about their age. That would be negligence wouldn't it?
Well It soon will be 24hrs this thread has been up. I will leave it up for a few more days and if I really don't feel I have made much progress I will then just delete it.

Harry seems to understand where I am at.

I have certainly become much more aware discovering children and how parents apply discipline today on the net. I would have hoped, that we could as a community become much more in tuned from some of the parents point of view of this whole topic, and building a stronger communication with parents and there children, but who around here has time for that sort of thing?
(2010-06-27, 03:34 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-27, 04:26 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask, how old are you Technoman?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25