MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2010-07-01, 10:45 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]These are just my own personal oppions...

Why dont we just STOP giving these kids computers completly, let them use the books and if they need information there is the public library. Are children that freaking lazy today. Also to teach Parents awareness on how to better their own children. Parents have to stop neglecting their own children and start putting children in the right directions. Just like all of us before computers even existed and that means we had to do everything on paper which is still recyclable. Seems here that today Technology has gone to far???

The media has changed a childs mind with useless information or Technology which is killing our children of today from reality. What I would suggest is take technology off childrens minds and teach them more to life then feeding them a computer of any sort. Computers & the Internet should have the same law just like when driving a car. A 16 year old kid can drive a car with a Temporary drivers license as along as there is someone with a Vaild License on the left/right side of them while driving in a motorized vehicule.

I guess our only hope today is to get invloved as Adults and and to encourage our governements of all these issues were facing in todays society.
I have to disagree. Now, the world is turning full on technology. If kids don't get to experience at a young age, when they try to get a job then no one will want them.

For example:

Person 1:
Very good with computers, knows how to code in Php, Java, and Html.

Person 2:
Barley knows what a computer is, and thinks Java is what you drink in the morning.

I'd hire Person 1, how about you?
Quote:Barley knows what a computer is, and thinks Java is what you drink in the morning.

Too funny.
Lets say tomorrow all of sudden the Internet crashes or it gets shut down..... how are kids gonna benifit then if you base everyhting off the net?
(2010-07-01, 10:58 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Lets say tomorrow all of sudden the Internet crashes or it gets shut down..... how are kids gonna benifit then if you base everyhting off the net?

They'll be the ones making the new internet, which will be 1000x's better.
You can't base everything off of the net. But in todays life most everything is based on computers. I mean even when you work at Macdonalds you need to be able to use a basic computer. When you learn to code C++ at the very begining of the tutorial they say, "You need to have gone through some basic highschool math" just because coding requires math also.

And the probability of the net crashing universally is not very high. xP
(2010-07-01, 11:00 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]And the probability of the net crashing universally is not very high. xP

I dont know exaclty where i saw this information, but I heard the way were heading the Internet will eventually crash!
(2010-07-01, 05:21 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have set foot by now into the public eyes of all MYBB member pretty much.

The question is are there any other Adults that havent responded to this heated conversation please by all means do reply and give your own thoughts, aside from me being disliked by most Wink rofllll

Ok, kids have to understand that there is always two side of a story. Because they are young and inexperimented most of them will see only the naive side of the story, when most elders will see the real side of the story.

Another fact is that a very large percentage of adults feel responsabilities in response to their acts were kids avoid them by far...

Even here in the forum of MyBB it is easy to find proof of this, here is one :

Here is a contest thread dated 11-16-2009:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-59755.html

The four people involved in this contest are:

FullMetalBabe
Combus
Joshee
Kyonko

Winners were announced 12-01-2009. I was one of them...

- FullMetalBabe was contacted numerous times and after 4 months never delivered the final PSD file...

- Combus was contacted numerous times after i supplied him with a PSD file and after another 3 months never delivered the final coded theme...

- I did not bother to contact the two others, they never contacted me to offer their part of the prize either.

So 7 months later, nothing was delivered to both the winners from what i know...

This is proof that most kids are irresponsible and cannot be trusted on the net.

Society in general consider that kids under 18 cannot be considered responsible enough to be allowed to smoke, drink, vote or engage themself in contractual agreements. So they are also not enough responsible to manage anything on the web without the supervision of adults...

I agree that there is some exceptions, but this apply to the large majority of them and if some of their parents are not responsible enough to educate and control them, then it is the burden of the society to do it...

Now, what can you expect of the staff of MyBB to do against other kids using their forum for promoting themself using lies and creating false expectations, when most of them are kids themself?

Adults are accountable for their wrong doing, but kids have to be dealt with their parents first, would you please give me their addresses or phone numbers? Surely not, because most of them hide behind the anonimity of the net...

So, this is an example were kids and adults do not belong on the net together, i could easily provide more examples...

So i hope that the young unbelievers, would at least validate that the previous example of bad behavior of the "pseudo respected members" of MyBB would enlighten them enough to understand at least, a little bit of what they are expected to understand after 10 more years of maturity...

So now i will probably regroup with technoman for "being disliked by most" people!

Wink
(2010-07-01, 11:06 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 11:00 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]And the probability of the net crashing universally is not very high. xP

I dont know exaclty where i saw this information, but I heard the way were heading the Internet will eventually crash!

I don't know where i heard it, but i heard the earth and sun are supposed to eventually crash!
(2010-07-01, 05:39 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree with children playing online games there ment for Adult audiences. I say that as a responsible Adult that has seen to much gore and things that children shouldnt be seeing at all.
You must be kidding right? Almost every single video game is aimed for teenagers. You really want adults to waste their time on video games when they should be making the money to support their children?

(2010-07-01, 10:45 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Why dont we just STOP giving these kids computers completly, let them use the books and if they need information there is the public library. Are children that freaking lazy today. Also to teach Parents awareness on how to better their own children. Parents have to stop neglecting their own children and start putting children in the right directions. Just like all of us before computers even existed and that means we had to do everything on paper which is still recyclable. Seems here that today Technology has gone to far???
Are you trying to create a stupid age? You really want humans to just waste hundreds of years they have spend in improving technology? I am not sure which one is more lazier, creating a website or reading a book for 3 hours. When creating a website you learn how to use different types of code languages, using a computer, using your money wisely (hosting & domains), and interacting with others. When you read a book all you is sit on your butt and read something which might not be educational at all. Parents are doing the right thing my letting their children get familiar with computers. Just look at the world. almost every well paid job already requires people to use computers and now a days millions of people make money of the internet. Trust me when I say this, the Internet is the best place to invest into and thousands of people got stinky rich of it. Why not give your child a head start by allowing them to use it?
(2010-07-01, 11:06 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]

What do you mean "the way were heading." Like an overload? Id still say that is impossible but okay. Even if there was an internet crash. It'd be for a couple months MAX. Internet is... somewhat a necessary part of life nowadays. Big businessmen use them. (I know, my dad has internet set up for work at his work xP) small businessmen use it, all people in general use it.

It'd be like taking away cars, or shoes, how many people do you think can live without shoes?

EDIT: ^^^ Above post is right
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25