MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Quote:My concern is about those who are underage and not finnshing high school.

I dropped out of high school, best thing that ever happened to me. I am making nearly twice as much money as I would if I went to university, and once I turn 18 I'll be able to get a lease and start a shop.

At the moment I hold a weekend job as a bartender to catch up with friends.

Quote:It will be regretted later trust me. How many 13,14,15,etc year olds, do you know that drop out of high school before 18???

About 20% of 15 year olds drop out here, cause school is not for them and they normally drop out at the urge of guidance counsellors. I hated school, every minute of it. Only reason I went was to see friends.

Quote:The only consequnses that really come with that age are the consequences of rashional decisions.

If you wait until your older and only make rational decisions you're missing out. The fun of being young is you don't have to think about the consequences as much. For example, I just bought a Mazda MX5 convertible for $10000 - hopelessly impractical car, bright red, very good looking - but only 2 seats and a pretty small boot. I bought it for fun, solely for fun - it costs a lot to run and when I have to drive friends somewhere I have to borrow my parents Camry - there was no rational point to buying it rather than gut instinct but it makes me feel happy and that's all that matters.

When you're a teenager you think you know everything, so you may as well make the most of it while you're young.
(2010-07-01, 01:37 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-29, 07:16 PM)Modv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Technoman, why do you think it's wrong if an underaged person runs a site? It could do really well.

My concern is about those who are underage and not finnshing high school.

I will say that it is wise to wait until you are in the right frame of mind to experience all the legalaties out there. When you are 13,14,15,16,17 most people like yoursleves think that you are all ready and that you know what you are doing, but in reality, you are still children and have not even developed enough to actually know what and how to enjoy life.

It will be regretted later trust me. How many 13,14,15,etc year olds, do you know that drop out of high school before 18???

Maybe in your mind you are "ready" but later on in life you might discover that you should of waited until you were at least finnshed high school.

The only consequnses that really come with that age are the consequences of rashional decisions.

Most children are in such a hurry today and they dont even relaize it and before they know it there so behind in school that there is no way to even catch up to the rest of your classmates in high school and then you decide to drop out and never finnish high school instead of enjoying your last years of studies until gradtuation time.

And if your parents do catch you, I just hope your dad isn't like my dad! Smile
I understand that, but it should be the parents job to keep the kid going in the right direction. That's what we have parents for. Smile
(2010-07-01, 01:37 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-29, 07:16 PM)Modv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Technoman, why do you think it's wrong if an underaged person runs a site? It could do really well.

My concern is about those who are underage and not finnshing high school.

I will say that it is wise to wait until you are in the right frame of mind to experience all the legalaties out there. When you are 13,14,15,16,17 most people like yoursleves think that you are all ready and that you know what you are doing, but in reality, you are still children and have not even developed enough to actually know what and how to enjoy life.

It will be regretted later trust me. How many 13,14,15,etc year olds, do you know that drop out of high school before 18???

Maybe in your mind you are "ready" but later on in life you might discover that you should of waited until you were at least finnshed high school.

The only consequnses that really come with that age are the consequences of rashional decisions.

Most children are in such a hurry today and they dont even relaize it and before they know it there so behind in school that there is no way to even catch up to the rest of your classmates in high school and then you decide to drop out and never finnish high school instead of enjoying your last years of studies until gradtuation time.

And if your parents do catch you, I just hope your dad isn't like my dad! Smile
I am not sure how this has anything to do with running a website? You say that people than run websites when they're under 18 drop out of highschool?
(2010-07-01, 02:44 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]once I turn 18 ....

So your under the age and working at a bar correct?????

(2010-07-01, 03:15 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You say that people than run websites when they're under 18 drop out of highschool

Bob, everything is very possiable these days with children. There are more children today dropping out of school then there was back in my day Wink
(2010-07-01, 03:28 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 02:44 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]once I turn 18 ....

So your under the age and working at a bar correct?????

(2010-07-01, 03:15 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You say that people than run websites when they're under 18 drop out of highschool

Bob, everything is very possiable these days with children. There are more children today dropping out of school then there was back in my day Wink
Then, it's the parents job to deal with them, and not the internets. Wink
(2010-07-01, 03:38 AM)Modv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Then, it's the parents job to deal with them, and not the internets. Wink

Although I disagree with your comment , I believe society and the community, should take a responsibility to for all the children within that society. we should want all the children to grow up with good values and morals and to be well educated

Children turn into adults and the potential criminals, murderers that society will have to deal with. If we ensure as a society and community that everyone takes responsibility for the children, even those who dont have children like myself, then surely that should make for a better society all round.
(2010-07-01, 04:00 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 03:38 AM)Modv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Then, it's the parents job to deal with them, and not the internets. Wink

Although I disagree with your comment , I believe society and the community, should take a responsibility to for all the children within that society. we should want all the kids to grow up with good values and morals and to be well educated

The kids turn into adults and the potential criminals, murderers that society will have to deal with. If we ensure as a society and community that everyone takes responsibility for the kids, even those who dont have kids like myself, then surely that should make for a better society all round.

The only way thats gonna happen is if the media itself is taken down. Right now we are being breed to be murders, gangsters etc. You know who is doing that? A bunch of adults, telling a bunch of already confused pubestant teenagers, that when they were shooting up drugs, killing people, and stealing cars, it was the best thing in their life. How is that allowed you may ask? Through song of course. Because most governments allow free speech.
(2010-07-01, 04:02 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]The only way thats gonna happen is if the media itself is taken down.

I have to agree.

Yes I will agree that the media has a wicked curve in teaching society the wrong doings, however we as Adults/Parents have to admit we did make those mistakes by allowing the media to go this far today and somewhat we will have to change that someday soon before its too late cause it has messed up alot of our childrens minds, what do we need to do to help solve this problem now?
(2010-07-01, 04:02 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

Although I disagree with your comment , I believe society and the community, should take a responsibility to for all the children within that society. we should want all the kids to grow up with good values and morals and to be well educated

The kids turn into adults and the potential criminals, murderers that society will have to deal with. If we ensure as a society and community that everyone takes responsibility for the kids, even those who dont have kids like myself, then surely that should make for a better society all round.

The only way thats gonna happen is if the media itself is taken down. Right now we are being breed to be murders, gangsters etc. You know who is doing that? A bunch of adults, telling a bunch of already confused pubestant teenagers, that when they were shooting up drugs, killing people, and stealing cars, it was the best thing in their life. How is that allowed you may ask? Through song of course. Because most governments allow free speech.

If we didn't have free speech the world would be a terrible place, you realize that right?
(2010-07-01, 04:20 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 04:02 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

If we didn't have free speech the world would be a terrible place, you realize that right?

In an actual "perfect" society we wouldn't even need free speech, because we would never need to argue our thoughts or beliefs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25