MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rin Editor 1.2.4 (Powerd by CKEditor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just deleted additional emoticons and Rin Editor works!
FastQuote and Automention doesn't work in visual mode.
Ask about this editor. When you add an image to MyBB's own editor, the image will appear and not the link. Is there any function so also this editor shows image and not link before posting the post?

Rin Editor:

[Image: 0TdNOmj.png]

MyBB Editor:

[Image: ogxEfcv.png]
I saw Martec had a background colour picker how do I achieve this? (I see it was a general screenshot online)

Also whats the way to add button descriptions like say I have short code for a mybb and want the full description as the button hover.
I want to have bgc for example on mouse over to show Background Colour 'insert button' plugin the default editor allows this to be done.

Found a bug that the label for a tag must be lowercase capitalization else the icon won't show.
As if you use a capital like 'Spoiler' the icon will not show either as spoiler.png or Spoiler.png but 'spoiler' will only show both spoiler.png not Spoiler.png
Also if a button label has a space it won't show the icon like 'background color' And theirs really no way to show this nicely as we cant have a custom label seperate from tag.
In the editor box the capitalization reverts to small.
I want to use capitals on mouseover as its what the rest of the buttons use.
Subscript,Superscript use capitals so that's a bug with adding our own buttons.
Is it possible to have this editor as a mybblog editor?

Mybblog just shows the input box with no editor bar etc.

Deactivating Rin Editor shows the inbuilt mybb editor on mybblog but when activated there is no editor bar.
Hi Guys,

Rin Editor was working perfect for me for the last week. I installed the Simple Mentions extension, and now Rineditor will not show.

I have uninstalled simple mentions and deleted all data. I also uninstalled Rin and deleted all data. When I reload and enable Rin, my error remains.

These are my console errors:
Hi to all,

I am having a problem with Rin Editor on windows 10 where it shows and after 2 seconds it just vanishes

I tried it with several browsers and different systems ( Mac OS / iOS / Win 7 ) and they work fine
and that is only showing on win 10 and i could confirm with some friends w/that OS

Here's a screenshot  Huh

Any known fix for it please?
Have a look at it in 'more tools / Chrome developer tools' and compare to other OS's etc.
See if you notice any differences in the code etc.
Also ctrl f5 force clear cache and in MyBB click the check templates etc.

Usually of you are having a issue on one browser ) system or may be something with the cache etc on that system.

These are the first steps everyone needs to take to diagnose a problem even before posting here.
Hi Dr. Guild,
thank you for your reply

The tests were done even using a new machine with win 10 (no cache or even a bookmark was there)
On my side i did the same… used an app to clean completely the cache on all browsers (cclean)
Same thing…

Thank you on the hint to go look at code differences (I will do it right now)Can you tell me what to do if it shows differences

What I did on the theme was what is suggested here https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/Help-Theme-problems/
on CSS saving to renew it, also on cleared cache on cloudflare

Having a path to investigate already helps,
I will post my findings
thank you drguild
Do you have a link to the site I could look at?

If there are differences it should be easy to figure out what's going on in chrome developer tools.
I can't exactly tell you what to do as its one of those things that could have any one of many things.

That article is a bit older there's a 'check template files' button in the menu I would recommend you check all of them.

I also run Win 10 as well as OSX and Linux.

I don't recommend cleaners either registry or whatever they can actually do harm in areas I' was a volunteer pc repair technician for few years and nowadays I just research and learn technical stuff where I can.