MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rin Editor 1.2.4 (Powerd by CKEditor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-12-24, 10:58 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I have tested, works fine... maybe uploading via imgur would break it (no imgur button in your testing board, so cannot test)? Tested multiple times on my board...

In my case new lines are deleted, I have to add them in source mode and then it is fine... I will try to check later in different browser Sad thank you for your input anyway.

I added the imgur button to the demo site.

(2020-12-24, 10:58 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Also quite difficult to update to newer version with all custom modifications - tables, drag and drop, base64 support etc. Maybe would be great to add them as an experimental part into ACP settings (not all, just the images related) Smile thank you for your support of this great plugin!

sorry, but no plan to officially add this feature ....
it is very complicated to maintain and continue developing the plugin with these additions.
drag drop feature requires 8 additional plugins for ckeditor, there are 8 more plugins that could cause problems. And i don't think it's fair for a user who doesn't use to have to load all these additional plugins.
1.1.1 Released

Change log:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...og&pid=657

How update:
1.0.5 or above:

1 - Replace the files with new version
Ps. No changes made in config.js since 1.0.5 (https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor/blo.../config.js). You can keep your customized version of this file as long as the base version is greater than 1.0.5

2 - Open and edit:
Home » Template Sets » Global Templates » Edit Template: rinbutquick

Find:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/rin/editor/rineditor.js?ver=x.x.x"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/rin/editor/ckeditor.js?ver=x.x.x"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/rin/editor/adapters/jquery.js?ver=x.x.x"></script>

Replace x.x.x with new version number.

1.0.5 or below:

- Unistall old version.
- Upload new version.
- Install new version.
Thank you, great! +1

I use tables and drag and drop support together - works fine as expected! Also I use own size settings for images - thx for that!

I really like improved tables (quick edits) and changes to quote and code blocks.

I would like to suggest - is possible to add any notification or loading gif that the image is uploading to the imgur via ctrl+v? Because now you have to wait, image has opacity until is uploaded and some users (including me, I was) might be confused, because you cannot use other features in editor, it seems like it is broken but it is not.

I would like to see more user friendly integration for tables and drag and drop support for easier update proces, but I understand that you do not wanna support it officially. Also is possible in unofficial way support background color for text? Thank you!
1.1.2 Released

Change log:

How update:
1.0.5 or above:

Ps. No changes made in config.js since 1.0.5 (https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor/blo.../config.js). You can keep your customized version of this file as long as the base version is greater than 1.0.5

2 - Open and edit:

Find:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/rin/editor/rineditor.js?ver=x.x.x"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/rin/editor/ckeditor.js?ver=x.x.x"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/rin/editor/adapters/jquery.js?ver=x.x.x"></script>

1.0.5 or below:

- Unistall old version.
- Upload new version.
- Install new version.

Tips: How unofficially enable background color for text

Requirement: Rin Editor 1.1.2 or above.

Caution: This is unofficial modification. I will not support issues related with this.

1 - Open and edit  root/jscripts/rin/editor/config.js

Find:

config.removeButtons = 'Cut,Copy,Paste,Anchor,BGColor,indent,'+rinrmvbut+'';

replace:

config.removeButtons = 'Cut,Copy,Paste,Anchor,indent,'+rinrmvbut+'';

Find:

config.image_previewText = ' ';

Add below:

config.background_color_support = true;

2 - Clear your browser's cache, if you're using cloudflare, you also need to clear your cloudflare cache (https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/...Cloudflare).

3 - Add "background" mycode.

background color

\[background=([a-zA-Z]*|\#?[\da-fA-F]{3}|\#?[\da-fA-F]{6})](.*?)\[/background\]
<span style="background-color: $1;">$2</span>

it's all

(2020-12-28, 10:20 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to suggest - is possible to add any notification or loading gif that the image is uploading to the imgur via ctrl+v? Because now you have to wait, image has opacity until is uploaded and some users (including me, I was) might be confused, because you cannot use other features in editor, it seems like it is broken but it is not.

This is the default behavior of the upload image plugin. https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor4/late...ted-images

You can force "uploading message" making editing below:

open root\jscripts\rin\editor\plugins\imgur_drag\plugin.js

Find:

editor.on( 'fileUploadRequest', function( evt ) {

add below:

var notification = new CKEDITOR.plugins.notification( evt.editor, { message: RinEditor['Uploading'], type: 'success' } );
					notification.show();

(2020-12-28, 10:20 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see more user friendly integration for tables and drag and drop support for easier update proces,

I don't see any problem with the update. You not need clean up, only replace files. After all, replace config.js with your backup or remove from package this file to avoid replace. The table, drag and drop support will continue working after update without redoing the tips process.

(2020-12-28, 10:20 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Also is possible in unofficial way support background color for text? Thank you!

added support in 1.1.2. Check "Tips: How unofficially enable background color for text"
1.1.3 Released

Change log:

[Image: R4Ke0ye.png]
[Image: EqbKokw.png]

How update:
1.0.5 or above:

2 - Open and edit:

Find:

1.0.5 or below:

- Unistall old version.
- Upload new version.
- Install new version.
Thank you, great!

Do you have better imgur icon available to share?

Also thank you for adding background color and fox uploading notification - will you include it into editor or should I apply manually (in next versions), I think it is realy useful for newbies.
1.1.4 Released

Change log:

How update:
1.0.5 or above:

2 - Open and edit:

Find:

1.0.5 or below:

- Unistall old version.
- Upload new version.
- Install new version.

(2020-12-30, 11:05 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, great!

Do you have better imgur icon available to share?

sorry but i don't have no.
If you want me to exchange the package icon, you can provide me with the exchange icon. Of course you will also have to tell me the type of license to use the icon.

(2020-12-30, 11:05 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Also thank you for adding background color and fox uploading notification - will you include it into editor or should I apply manually (in next versions), I think it is realy useful for newbies.

You do not need to replace these files. so you don't need redo changes again.
And if no message appeared, because the trick adds only a loading message, other notifications appear regardless of the trick, maybe the problem was you using unsupported skin with notification feature. The skins included in the Rin Editor is modified to support the features present in the recent CKEditor, this is not guaranteed when you install an old skin from the CKEditor website.
Dark theme variants is a nice addition, thanks!
You do not need to replace these files. so you don't need redo changes again.
And if no message appeared, because the trick adds only a loading message, other notifications appear regardless of the trick, maybe the problem was you using unsupported skin with notification feature. The skins included in the Rin Editor is modified to support the features present in the recent CKEditor, this is not guaranteed when you install an old skin from the CKEditor website.

No, I wrote it not clearly. The new notification "images are uploading" is working after this modification. So thank you very much! I just wanted to ask you if you can add this into your imgur drag and drop plugin by default, because it should be there definitely to not confuse users.

I have tried "background color" feature, works fine, thank you! also thank you for new icons! Looks great!
(2021-01-01, 03:42 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]No, I wrote it not clearly. The new notification "images are uploading" is working after this modification. So thank you very much! I just wanted to ask you if you can add this into your imgur drag and drop plugin by default, because it should be there definitely to not confuse users.

Added in plugin by default.