MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When do you think 1.4 will come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
personally, i hope it will release... ...

in the near future time.
Have the post "read" bug/issue been fixed in 1.4? Like when you post something or someone else posts something, you have to view the forum it's posted in to mark it as "viewed".

Is this fixed for 1.4?
Will one or more of our dear developers please give us a little status update on 1.4? Be it a percentage of completion or something?

Many thanks,
Animal24 Wrote:Have the post "read" bug/issue been fixed in 1.4? Like when you post something or someone else posts something, you have to view the forum it's posted in to mark it as "viewed".

Is this fixed for 1.4?

Yes

tristan/SMM Wrote:Will one or more of our dear developers please give us a little status update on 1.4? Be it a percentage of completion or something?

Many thanks,

Statistically there's a possibility that I could answer the question that you asked, under the correct circumstances
Great to hear Tikitiki. I was asking because I didn't know whether to stick with MyBB or give something else a shot. That so far is the only bug/bad part I don't like about MyBB. The "read" feature.
Tikitiki Wrote:Statistically there's a possibility that I could answer the question that you asked, under the correct circumstances

O.O Do you realize the ramifications this brings on to a old user like me dreaming of that 1.4 moment or time frame. I may need to see my doctor now young man! Big Grin

Oh yea, you said "correct circumstances" O.o Please, do tell Toungue
I have a feeling it may involve pot.
OK, usually I wouldn't go all out and explain this, but the following Admin CP functionality is what needs to be completed at this stage (obviously I've removed a few things we don't want to mention)

Users & Groups
  • Group Management
  • Banning (Dennis is working on this)
  • Mass Mail
  • Logging (Admin, mod logs etc)
Templates & Style
  • Templates
  • Themes (I'll hopefully have this done by the end of the weekend)
Forums & Posts
  • Forum Management
  • Forum Announcements
  • Moderation Queue

Now, obviously there are also sub features under those, and a few additional other pages which need tidying up before I sign off on them - but for the Admin CP, and the wad of new pages we've already completed in it, that is the current progress.

In terms of the front end - the front end of MyBB 1.4 is essentially feature complete. Exceptions to this include the new moderator control panel, and smaller additional features which may be added whilst the Admin CP is still in development.

We're going to do something different with the beta testing this time which will hopefully clear up the majority of bugs and problems which may be in 1.4 a lot quicker than usual as well - to cut down on the testing time.
Oh wow sweet update Chris! Smile
There's gonna be a mod cp? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48