MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When do you think 1.4 will come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DennisTT Wrote:
Arkold Thos Wrote:When it is done...
You cheated, somebody told you the right answer Sad
I didn't know we weren't allowed to tell. Shy

* Ryan Loos puts out his hands and prepares for them to be hit.
HEY GUYS CHECK IT OUT MYBB1.4 IS RELEASED CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW-------->

HALF WAY TO DOWNLOAD

KEEP GOING....

FINALLY YOU MADE IT DOWNLOAD MyBB 1.4 enjoy Toungue

MrDoom: Edited to prevent mouse abuse Toungue
It didn't work because when I pressed the new post button it took me to the bottom of the thread Shy
Yeah, I clicked the link, its loading, haha Ill be the first having a mybb 1.4, yeeeaaaah!

... Well: Just one question: I am planning to start a bigger website (30.000 unique visitors a day). It should launch somewhere around mid till end of august.
I do not think, that there will be 1.4, or a 1.4 Beta, but: Are there hugh changes between 1.4 and 1.2 according to templates, the theme AND the variables?
Because the web page uses a lot of the forums structures and it would cause a lot of changes.
Yaa Wrote:30.000 unique visitors a day
You mean 30,000 right? Wink
(damn, that's a lot O_O)

From what I've heard, there'll be "huge" changes... Depends on how much your site is integrated?
I don't care as much i just like the suspense Toungue
Yeah, I'm sorry, I really meant 30,000. The prior web page reached about 35,000 visitors a day, but got unrecoverable hacked. I am pessimistic and think of about a loss 5,000 visitors due to the longer time offline.
Before I used vBulletin, but in my opinion it's too big and it uses lots of web server resources. And of course: It's expensive. So I tried phpbb3: I loved the ACP, but the other things... well: I prefer MyBB and as I've heard 1.4 will get a new ACP as well.
There are lots of areas where I use the forum: The news are "rendered" with the post-parser, the download system uses things of the forum, some areas are just available for registered members, the forum looks like the web page, and so on.

Yeah: I think there will be an 1.4 Beta, but what I'm asking myself: Launch my web page with 1.2 and then change everything to 1.4, or wait till 1.4 Beta or final.
tmhai Wrote:(BTW @ZiNga BuRgA, some European countries use a period rather than a comma to separate hundredths.)
So then what do they use as a decimal point?
1000 = 1.000, often without any sign
1/10 = 0,1, sometimes also 0.1

Wink
There will be some heavy template changes. i.e., the calendar and a few other things were rewritten to make it look better, but over all, it'll just be smaller changes for the templates. There has been a lot of code additions/changes however, so I'm thinking about 50-70% of plugins will have to be updated. Don't worry, it won't be too hard though. (unless it's been made for the acp which will have to be changed a lot more)