MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When do you think 1.4 will come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
xiaozhu Wrote:Yeah, but compared to other free BBs...

Just for the fun of it I went through all the Mods showing here at MyBB and 10 pages of the Themes, your username wasn't next to one of them. This can mean one of two things, you've either created Mods/Themes but don't want to share here, or you haven't created any!!

Whatever the circumstances, you should be grateful for the fact that folks donate their own free time in creating the Mods/Themes. They also have other lives to live.

Bottom line is, if you don't like the idea of Mods/Themes not being "turned out" fast enough compared to other "free" forum systems, then use the other forum systems!
xiaozhu Wrote:>.<
MyBB is still lacking alot of MODs.
Seriously, I really hope the Team can do something to attract more modders to do more MODs.

Theres plenty of requests, yet very few are actually made.

Start learning ^^ and become one ... and i've made a lot of requests lately, ...
xiaozhu Wrote:MODs.
Mods is not an acronym so it is not meant to be spelt in all capitals. Makes you seem like you are shouting "MOD" at me.
xiaozhu Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:There's on average 2 new submissions a day (either to themes or plugins) so on that pace in a year we'll have well over 365 more plugins/themes
Yeah, but compared to other free BBs...

compared to other free BBs... they have half the features we do and have been around twice as long....
Tikitiki Wrote:
xiaozhu Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:There's on average 2 new submissions a day (either to themes or plugins) so on that pace in a year we'll have well over 365 more plugins/themes

compared to other free BBs... they have half the features we do and have been around twice as long....

Plus, think about it this way. Do you want a forum with 1000's of MOD's, but half of them are either doing features another BB has (which they should have already) or are so crappily coded that it's a security risk or it won't on most servers --- or a BB that has a smaller amount of MOD's, but they are all made sure to be coded correctly (low Database use, easy to edit on the user end, well-documented, etc.) and are for fun extras, instead of mostly making up for the lack of the BB developer(s)'s coding?
xiaozhu Wrote:

I don't really see what you mean here. phpBB and SMf maybe but trust me most other free forums have about as much as or less mods as MyBB also they have a lot of mods for features that MyBB comes standard with. I mean phpbb3 needs a quick reply mod Rolleyes.
NetSage Wrote:
xiaozhu Wrote:

I don't really see what you mean here. phpBB and SMf maybe but trust me most other free forums have about as much as or less mods as MyBB also they have a lot of mods for features that MyBB comes standard with. I mean phpbb3 needs a quick reply mod Rolleyes.
phpbb3 has a quick reply mod but... not a standard feature. phpbb is missing a few major features. Wink
Okay, now one more month 'til the end of the year.
When will MyBB be released?
Is Chris Boulton still alive?
Will all/most of the plugins/mods and skins be compatible with it (or is there a way to detect their code and function with it as a compatible plugin/mod)?
What's new about MyBB 1.4 apart from the Calendar and the Buddy List? Any new smilies or post icons?
H4x0rX Wrote:Okay, now one more month 'til the end of the year.
When will MyBB be released?
Is Chris Boulton still alive?
Will all/most of the plugins/mods and skins be compatible with it (or is there a way to detect their code and function with it as a compatible plugin/mod)?
What's new about MyBB 1.4 apart from the Calendar and the Buddy List? Any new smilies or post icons?

Oh so many questions
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48