MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When do you think 1.4 will come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hopefully its coming soon than. I can feel it. Big Grin Is it feature locked?

Also does that mean the next release will be 1.4 rather than 1.3?
Mybb doesn't go by odd numbers for major releases. For example: 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, ect.
[wiki]Versions#The_Versioning_System[/wiki]
That explains why 1.3 was skipped.
shadow82x Wrote:Hopefully its coming soon than. I can feel it. Big Grin Is it feature locked?

Also does that mean the next release will be 1.4 rather than 1.3?
The Staff have released "previews" of a small percentage of features on a variety of blogs. I suggest you read MyBB Games to get news about them all.

The next release will be 1.4.
rcpalace Wrote:Mybb doesn't go by odd numbers for major releases. For example: 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, ect.
Only as of MyBB 1.2, 1.1 was still a stable release.

And also:
MrDoom Wrote:The best thing is I can remember Chris saying something in IRC a couple of weeks ago that after 1.4 he's changing the version number system again to "something simpler".
Well according to [wiki]Versions#The_Versioning_System[/wiki] there is still 1.2.10 to come before 1.4, and i don't think 1.4.0 will be release in august because the running month is august which is now......maybe around in September it might be release..... who knows Toungue
DragonLord Wrote:Well according to [wiki]Versions#The_Versioning_System[/wiki] there is still 1.2.10 to come before 1.4, and i don't think 1.4.0 will be release in august because the running month is august which is now......maybe around in September it might be release..... who knows Toungue
Actually it gives the number 1.2.10 as an example of what would happen if it ever got that far. It all depends on what security leaks are discovered between now and MyBB 1.4
So when
It's not.

They'll tease us and skip to version 1.6.0 hehe
~Kerrang!
MyBB 1.4 is a myth. Wink