MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When do you think 1.4 will come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Mybb team please knowledge to give what time released 1.4 Smile
No, we don't know.
That sounds cute! For the mean time, I'll be happy WHEN I AM ABLE TO LOGIN TO MY FORUM (goes a kicks the cat)
Soshite Wrote:
Plucko Wrote:Why does the myBB team release version 1.4 before a 1.3 is released?

1.3 = "developers only" release

Ah, alright. Thanks for letting me know. Big Grin
Plucko Wrote:I think it will be released in March or April. Hopefully. ^^

I have a question.

Why does the myBB team release version 1.4 before a 1.3 is released?

I sure as hell hope not. That would definetly lead me to believe there is some major issues going on with this project considering this thing has been in beta for almost a month now.
HarryWx Wrote:I sure as hell hope not. That would definetly lead me to believe there is some major issues going on with this project considering this thing has been in beta for almost a month now.
Yes, testing a product before releasing it to the general public is a major issue.

Considering that just a few months ago Tikitiki posted in this thread saying that there were still rather large parts of the new Admin CP that needed working on.. You would think that maybe there are no issues as you say, and simply still developing the product and testing along the way.
Furthermore, a few posts after his post within this thread it was announced (after a thread in the Suggestions and Feedback forum) that there would be a Mod CP in 1.4 - something that we had not planned to have in MyBB for a while.

So, issues? Smile
HarryWx Wrote:I sure as hell hope not. That would definetly lead me to believe there is some major issues going on with this project considering this thing has been in beta for almost a month now.

Chill dude
HarryWx Wrote:
Plucko Wrote:I think it will be released in March or April. Hopefully. ^^

I have a question.

Why does the myBB team release version 1.4 before a 1.3 is released?

I sure as hell hope not. That would definetly lead me to believe there is some major issues going on with this project considering this thing has been in beta for almost a month now.

The larger MyBB gets so will the development time of each new release, it's to be expected. It's no mickey mouse upgrade; a whole new ACP, new features left, right and centre. Testing periods increase because the release needs to be safe and functional and more features = more testing.

That's why the developers are reluctant to give out release dates, because they can't always be met, especially when the product isn't finished. With people pestering them they said they'd try to have it out by the new year, that target slipped away and people are moaning. It'll be out when it's out, patience is a virtue. I prefer not to know exactly when it's going to be released anyway, like with MyBB Gold it was a day to day release date from around August (or something like that) so checking every day, even from sixth form just to see if it had been released, and the day it was released (I think it was sometime at the end of September, we got PR2, I know the full version came out several months after that) was fantastic, all the build up and hype had been worth it.

Now, if only I actually needed a bulletin board, I'd be home and dry.
rh1n0 Wrote:
Yes, testing a product before releasing it to the general public is a major issue.

Considering that just a few months ago Tikitiki posted in this thread saying that there were still rather large parts of the new Admin CP that needed working on.. You would think that maybe there are no issues as you say, and simply still developing the product and testing along the way.
Furthermore, a few posts after his post within this thread it was announced (after a thread in the Suggestions and Feedback forum) that there would be a Mod CP in 1.4 - something that we had not planned to have in MyBB for a while.

So, issues? Smile

EDIT. Not sure of why but my whole post will not show?? Any ideas?
In fact your right, it's totally unacceptable these delays. I want a refund!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48