MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When do you think 1.4 will come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Anyways for the record.
Beta testing which began back in Early Dec.
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid178511

That was not just a few short months ago. That was clear back in August that comment was made about Mod CP. YES i have been paying attention unlike a few others i see who has piled on here.
May help to read back on ( not just this thread ) what has been said about how long beta testing normally takes ( or is supposed to take ) and that is what i was commenting on. I have seen several comments made here and elsewhere about the beta testing back in early Dec. So you all may wanna clear up just exactly how long beta testing usually lasts.

And again it was you guys who mentioned dates here and there starting back in July and then August which eventually got pushed towards the New year and still nadda. Yes i understand that you all have added a few things sence those dates were mentioned and thats cool but how hard would have it been to make a announcement stating that the reason for the delay was just that? I am sure i am not the only one who saw the dates mentioned and or missed that thread about the Mod CP as i pointed out above?
Not trying to bash but i believe i have some honest concerns here. Try to understand where i am coming from.
The entire community may not be concerned with why a future release of MyBB has been delayed for a bit due to an extra feature being added/tested. There are so many threads regarding 1.4 it would be silly (in my opinion) to post the small update of where we stand with 1.4 in all the threads.
Though this one seems to be the most 'official update thread' if there ever was one, with the majority of the staff members posting in here.

Hopefully now we all know where about we are with MyBB 1.4 - it's still in beta and there is no major issues to be worried about. Smile
Ok sense the board is messed up.

And here is the mention of the Mod CP back in August.
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...pid=153794
rh1n0 Wrote:The entire community may not be concerned with why a future release of MyBB has been delayed for a bit due to an extra feature being added/tested. There are so many threads regarding 1.4 it would be silly (in my opinion) to post the small update of where we stand with 1.4 in all the threads.
Though this one seems to be the most 'official update thread' if there ever was one, with the majority of the staff members posting in here.

Hopefully now we all know where about we are with MyBB 1.4 - it's still in beta and there is no major issues to be worried about. Smile

Thank you. Smile

I think i may have found a bug in this one though. For some reason it wouldnt let me post both of those links and even part of the text wouldnt show.

*Edit* I see this bug has been reported. Not sure if anyone mentioned about it still being on THIS board though. Anyways i added it.
HarryWx Wrote:May help to read back on ( not just this thread ) what has been said about how long beta testing normally takes ( or is supposed to take ) and that is what i was commenting on. I have seen several comments made here and elsewhere about the beta testing back in early Dec. So you all may wanna clear up just exactly how long beta testing usually lasts.

Beta tests take as long as they need.

HarryWx Wrote:And again it was you guys who mentioned dates here and there starting back in July and then August which eventually got pushed towards the New year and still nadda. Yes i understand that you all have added a few things sence those dates were mentioned and thats cool but how hard would have it been to make a announcement stating that the reason for the delay was just that? I am sure i am not the only one who saw the dates mentioned and or missed that thread about the Mod CP as i pointed out above?
Not trying to bash but i believe i have some honest concerns here. Try to understand where i am coming from.

I want to make one thing clear. It is hardly your business and neither our responsibility to keep you informed on who, why, what, or when and I feel the line has to be drawn here and now. MyBB 1.4 will be released when it is ready. Because you've pushed so hard for a reply that will be the official stance all the way up to the release and we will not be providing any more estimation dates, so you cannot argue anymore. That is all.
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:May help to read back on ( not just this thread ) what has been said about how long beta testing normally takes ( or is supposed to take ) and that is what i was commenting on. I have seen several comments made here and elsewhere about the beta testing back in early Dec. So you all may wanna clear up just exactly how long beta testing usually lasts.

HarryWx Wrote:And again it was you guys who mentioned dates here and there starting back in July and then August which eventually got pushed towards the New year and still nadda. Yes i understand that you all have added a few things sence those dates were mentioned and thats cool but how hard would have it been to make a announcement stating that the reason for the delay was just that? I am sure i am not the only one who saw the dates mentioned and or missed that thread about the Mod CP as i pointed out above?

I want to make one thing clear. It is hardly your business and neither our responsibility to keep you informed on who, why, what, or when and I feel the line has to be drawn here and now. MyBB 1.4 will be released when it is ready. Because you've pushed so hard for a reply that will be the official stance all the way up to the release and we will not be providing any more estimation dates, so you cannot argue anymore. That is all.

YES SIR!!
HarryWx Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

YES SIR!!

LAY OFF Harry :/ orange Happens you know, like people have to live :/ MyBB owes NO ONE an answer when a release is ready :/ Progress can only happen so fast. NO ONE, not even Chris knows the exact day you'll get 1.4.....
hemi Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

YES SIR!!

LAY OFF Harry :/ orange Happens you know, like people have to live :/ MyBB owes NO ONE an answer when a release is ready :/ Progress can only happen so fast. NO ONE, not even Chris knows the exact day you'll get 1.4.....

I am laying off. I am not asking for a release date either and never have. I spoke MY OPINION about the delays. Thats how i feel about it. One would think that the developers here want feedback and thats what i gave. Sorry if it wasnt something that they didnt like.
HarryWx Wrote:I am laying off. I am not asking for a release date either and never have.

You've been asking why you didn't receive a correct release date, but you don't actually want a release date... Is this like one of those see how long you can waste my time things?

HarryWx Wrote:Thats how i feel about it. One would think that the developers here want feedback and thats what i gave. Sorry if it wasnt something that they didnt like.

We want feedback, but not on things that we can't change... Like the release date of MyBB 1.4.
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:I am laying off. I am not asking for a release date either and never have.

You've been asking why you didn't receive a correct release date, but you don't actually want a release date... Is this like one of those see how long you can waste my time things?

HarryWx Wrote:Thats how i feel about it. One would think that the developers here want feedback and thats what i gave. Sorry if it wasnt something that they didnt like.

We want feedback, but not on things that we can't change... Like the release date of MyBB 1.4.

I think perhaps we are miss understanding eachother. UGH. The one thing i loath about forums. My bad.

To put it simple i have had some concerns.

However rh1n0 said all is good and thats great. It eased my concerns.
Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48