MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When do you think 1.4 will come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
I asked the devs recently about the release date of 1.4. I think I might be breaking some rule when I tell you this but when I asked about the date they told me that they were planning a staff trip to bangkok soon.
HarryWx Wrote:
crsoft Wrote:@tmhai - his service
good nice cool what else can i say.

and i would think 1.4 mite be after xmas as 1.2.10 is still in beta and all.

And unfortunatly i may have to go elsewhere ( the paid route ) by then as i surely dont feel like doing a upgrade during the holidays and then having to wait for the mods to work correctly afterwards. This is really getting into my buisy season and i need to get it all done asap. No this isnt a slam against mybb but i gotta do what is in the best intrest for my forum and myself. Still the BEST free bb system out there so make no mistakes about that. Who knows maybe a miracle will happen and 1.4 will be out before then. I am just not counting on it though especially considering 1.2.10 is still not out yet. And i surely cant expect the developers to go any quicker just for me. I'll still atleast give her a test run on my server though as i expect the 1.4 to be a really nice step up. Big Grin

You don't have to upgrade immediately. We will still be supporting 1.2 for a while.
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:
crsoft Wrote:@tmhai - his service
good nice cool what else can i say.

and i would think 1.4 mite be after xmas as 1.2.10 is still in beta and all.

And unfortunatly i may have to go elsewhere ( the paid route ) by then as i surely dont feel like doing a upgrade during the holidays and then having to wait for the mods to work correctly afterwards. This is really getting into my buisy season and i need to get it all done asap. No this isnt a slam against mybb but i gotta do what is in the best intrest for my forum and myself. Still the BEST free bb system out there so make no mistakes about that. Who knows maybe a miracle will happen and 1.4 will be out before then. I am just not counting on it though especially considering 1.2.10 is still not out yet. And i surely cant expect the developers to go any quicker just for me. I'll still atleast give her a test run on my server though as i expect the 1.4 to be a really nice step up. Big Grin

You don't have to upgrade immediately. We will still be supporting 1.2 for a while.

Something to consider which i will be doing. Hopefully others see this as well because i know of some places that drop support for older versions right after a major release is done. Very good to know.
Thanks man. Big Grin
Tikitiki Wrote:You don't have to upgrade immediately. We will still be supporting 1.2 for a while.
Very good this will be very helpful. for us people who will only update when its out of RC.
can we upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.4.0?
kjaonline Wrote:can we upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.4.0?

Of course. MyBB wouldn't "flip the bird" to their users. Toungue
oohh.. nice so when 1.4.0 is released will it still be with RC's? Big Grin
kjaonline Wrote:oohh.. nice so when 1.4.0 is released will it still be with RC's? Big Grin

There are no current plans to do so.
MiNT Wrote:I asked the devs recently about the release date of 1.4. I think I might be breaking some rule when I tell you this but when I asked about the date they told me that they were planning a staff trip to bangkok soon.

You got it wrong, it's Hawaii.
Oh right, I'll go and warn Christian of your arrival.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48