MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the file , it worked great and thanks for a great plug in!
(2009-11-18, 10:28 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-18, 09:59 PM)MadamZuZu Wrote: [ -> ]i think it's this line:

SELECT tyl.pid FROM myXg33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike tyl WHERE tyl.uid = 25

should it just be

SELECT tyl.pid FROM myXg33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike WHERE tyl.uid = 25

?

thanks!

No, that wouldn't work. It might just be a simple spacing issue.

Try this:

In the /tylsearch.php

Around Line 977, search for
$where_sql = "t.tid IN (
				SELECT p.tid 
				FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX.$prefix."thankyoulike tyl
				LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON ( p.pid = tyl.pid )
				WHERE tyl.uid = $tyl_uid)";

Replace with
$where_sql = "t.tid IN (SELECT p.tid FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX.$prefix."thankyoulike tyl LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON (p.pid = tyl.pid) WHERE tyl.uid = $tyl_uid)";

Around Line 1011, search for
$where_sql = "pid IN (
				SELECT tyl.pid 

Replace it with
$where_sql = "pid IN (SELECT tyl.pid FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX.$prefix."thankyoulike tyl WHERE tyl.uid = $tyl_uid)";

Sorry for my late reaction about my question.
This did not work.
In the box for prostats by thanks your can read:
Please active Thank You plugin
(2009-12-02, 01:28 PM)Anmato Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, after update MyBB script to version 1.4.10 we have a problem.

Counter and fuctions work good, but all new posts are counted to postlist, where I helped. All posts.

That's a mistake.

Please help, e-work[at]o2.pl

While I didn't actually understand your post as to what exactly you were trying to put across, I will go ahead and test this plugin on v1.4.10 and see if theres any issues.

(2009-12-02, 01:40 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-02, 11:08 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]<snip>

Also, Goggalor, although I haven't yet tested this in IE7, it is possible that you might have been having the issue in IE7 due to the bug I found here, so please test out this file and let me know how it goes.

Thanks and I'll report back when I fully test this out.
IT WORKS PERFECTLY!

Thank you so much for this! It's a great plugin. Your hard work is appreciated!
I would like to add one more thing. I can deal with the template editing as mentioned on page 6 but you should know it's not very consistent. I installed this on my test board where you looked the other day and it' inserts all the correct edits in the correct places. On others it does not. I have no idea why this would happen as the only edits I needed to do were in the member profile template. All the others were fine. My template for member profiles is not customized at all.

This seems to be random. But again, for me not a big deal, just thought you'd like to know for any future updates.

Glad it all worked out in the end. I'll look in to the member templates issue and see whats going on.

(2009-12-02, 08:27 PM)radone29 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the file , it worked great and thanks for a great plug in!

Glad it worked out, I'll make sure this fix is included in the next update.

(2009-12-02, 06:25 PM)Dark Lord Skippy Wrote: [ -> ]Ok... I d/l the file from MyBB and uploaded it properly. Triple-checked to make sure I uploaded all the pertinent files correctly.

When I went to activate it, I got this:

Quote:MySQL error: 1146
Table 'db197252097.templates' doesn't exist
Query: DELETE FROM templates WHERE title='thankyoulike'

Maybe its a stupid question, but maybe not. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

I need the following from you:

MyBB version
PHP Version
MySQL Version
URL of the site where this is happening.

(2009-12-02, 08:29 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-18, 10:28 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-18, 09:59 PM)MadamZuZu Wrote: [ -> ]i think it's this line:

SELECT tyl.pid FROM myXg33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike tyl WHERE tyl.uid = 25

should it just be

SELECT tyl.pid FROM myXg33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike WHERE tyl.uid = 25

?

thanks!

No, that wouldn't work. It might just be a simple spacing issue.

Try this:

In the /tylsearch.php

Around Line 977, search for
$where_sql = "t.tid IN (
				SELECT p.tid 
				LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON ( p.pid = tyl.pid )

Replace with
$where_sql = "t.tid IN (SELECT p.tid FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX.$prefix."thankyoulike tyl LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON (p.pid = tyl.pid) WHERE tyl.uid = $tyl_uid)";

Around Line 1011, search for
$where_sql = "pid IN (
				SELECT tyl.pid 

Replace it with
$where_sql = "pid IN (SELECT tyl.pid FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX.$prefix."thankyoulike tyl WHERE tyl.uid = $tyl_uid)";

Sorry for my late reaction about my question.
This did not work.
In the box for prostats by thanks your can read:
Please active Thank You plugin

What did not work?? Please be more descriptive. That post you quote was directed to MadamZuZu to try out a fix in the code on an error she was getting on the search page, however she never got back to me on whether or not it worked for her and for good measure I updated that code in the latest release. So when you quote that post and say it doesn't work you're not helping at all unless you provide some more info.

If you had taken the time to read through a few posts here then you'd learn that this plugin is not compatible with prostats. Like I said earlier, I could have a look at prostats and see what needs to be done to make it compatible but its not something I have done yet.
G33K, that last one is still under the impression you've added support in for ProStats... What he doesn't understand is that ProStats has to be modded to work with your thanks plugin because you use different db fields than the others ones. So it isn't even something you can control.
Solved the original problem, but now I have run into this:

When a member goes to their profile and attempts to check on which post they were given thanks, they get this:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT tyl.pid FROM mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike ty
Query:
SELECT pid FROM mybb_posts WHERE pid IN (SELECT tyl.pid FROM mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike tyl WHERE tyl.uid = 52) ORDER BY dateline DESC

Any ideas?
OK. I have had a couple of users ask me repeatedly about prostats, so if you want the thanks data to show in prostats, heres what you need to do:

NOTE: You can either show Thanks Given Stats or Thanks Received stats, if you want to show both then prostats plugin will need to be moded beyond whats shown here to add that feature something that you can request from the plugin's author.
NOTE2: These modifications are for the prostats plugin found here: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/prostats
If you have any other advance stats plugin or a prostats plugin from some other author please do not use these mods as they are probably different.

You'll need to edit the inc/plugins/prostats.php file as follows:

To show Thanks Received stats:

Around Line 1029:

FIND
if (!$db->field_exists("thxcount","users"))	

REPLACE WITH
if (!$db->field_exists("tyl_unumrcvtyls","users"))

Around Line 1037:

FIND
$query = $db->query("SELECT uid,username,usergroup,displaygroup,thxcount FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."users ORDER BY thxcount DESC LIMIT 0,".$NumOfRows);

REPLACE WITH
$query = $db->query("SELECT uid,username,usergroup,displaygroup,tyl_unumrcvtyls FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."users ORDER BY tyl_unumrcvtyls DESC LIMIT 0,".$NumOfRows);

Around Line 1043:

FIND
$thxnum = $most_thanks['thxcount'];

REPLACE WITH
$thxnum = $most_thanks['tyl_unumrcvtyls'];

To show Thanks Given stats:

Around Line 1029:

FIND
if (!$db->field_exists("thxcount","users"))	

REPLACE WITH
if (!$db->field_exists("tyl_unumtyls","users"))

Around Line 1037:

FIND
$query = $db->query("SELECT uid,username,usergroup,displaygroup,thxcount FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."users ORDER BY thxcount DESC LIMIT 0,".$NumOfRows);

REPLACE WITH
$query = $db->query("SELECT uid,username,usergroup,displaygroup,tyl_unumtyls FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."users ORDER BY tyl_unumtyls DESC LIMIT 0,".$NumOfRows);

Around Line 1043:

FIND
$thxnum = $most_thanks['thxcount'];

REPLACE WITH
$thxnum = $most_thanks['tyl_unumtyls'];

(2009-12-03, 09:13 PM)Dark Lord Skippy Wrote: [ -> ]Solved the original problem, but now I have run into this:

When a member goes to their profile and attempts to check on which post they were given thanks, they get this:

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT tyl.pid FROM mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike ty
Query:
SELECT pid FROM mybb_posts WHERE pid IN (SELECT tyl.pid FROM mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike tyl WHERE tyl.uid = 52) ORDER BY dateline DESC

Any ideas?

Could I have your MySQL version, PHP version and MyBB version please??
(2009-12-03, 09:31 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-03, 09:13 PM)Dark Lord Skippy Wrote: [ -> ]Solved the original problem, but now I have run into this:

SQL Error:
Query:

Any ideas?

Well, the My BB version is 1.4.10 . MySQL version 4.0.27 PHP version 4.4.9
(2009-12-03, 09:47 PM)Dark Lord Skippy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-03, 09:31 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]

SQL Error:
Query:

Any ideas?

Well, the My BB version is 1.4.10 . MySQL version 4.0 Unsure of the PHP version.

Your MySQL version is the problem here. You need to have MySQL version of 4.1 or higher for this plugin, I should have made a note about this in the readme (MyBB's minimum requirements are 4.0 and higher).
I have used subqueries in the search page to generate the results in order to reduce the load but subqueries are only supported in MySQL versions 4.1 and higher.
So if you want to use that search feature you need to update MySQL to at least 4.1.
If you absolutely can not update to 4.1 then let me know and I'll see if I can do something about it.
any update ???
I'm sure there would be because he would of posted.