MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! Is it possible to remove the loading time? like when members click the thanks button, it will right away be marked as thanked. rather than waiting to load for it before it will be marked as thanked. Just like on vbulettin when user click thanks button, it marked as thanked without showing that it loads.
I am suggesting this because sometimes i notice when some of the users click the thanks button, sometimes it just keep on loading and loading. If possible is their way it can be fastly marked as thanks without showing the users that it loads. Thanks.
This is an issue with your web providers connectivity and possibly your (or whoever is experiencing this problem) Internet connection.

I've never had an instance where it would "load and load".
(2012-03-01, 02:10 PM)bestblackhatforum.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Is it possible to remove the loading time? like when members click the thanks button, it will right away be marked as thanked. rather than waiting to load for it before it will be marked as thanked. Just like on vbulettin when user click thanks button, it marked as thanked without showing that it loads.
I am suggesting this because sometimes i notice when some of the users click the thanks button, sometimes it just keep on loading and loading. If possible is their way it can be fastly marked as thanks without showing the users that it loads. Thanks.

(2012-03-01, 02:10 PM)bestblackhatforum.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Is it possible to remove the loading time? like when members click the thanks button, it will right away be marked as thanked. rather than waiting to load for it before it will be marked as thanked. Just like on vbulettin when user click thanks button, it marked as thanked without showing that it loads.

If you're having the loading problem all the time then you need to check the templates and make sure you have all the necessary template edits. If the loading problem is erratic and not everytime then its either the internet speed at the user's end, or the hosting server is slow to respond to the ajax call. Whichever way, if you don't want it you can remove the routine from the javascript file.

i have this same problem and i have left it to load for almost 30mins and all it keeps saying is loading please wait, but if i refresh the page it shows the post has been liked
i using mod thank you 3.0.7 http://mods.mybb.com/view/thankyou. Please help me to import data from that plugin. Thank you!
Hey G33k,

I tried using your thank you like plugin and encountered a few errors. When I like or thank a post, it says loading and doesn't disappear. It also doesn't show the stats of who liked or how many thanks they have.

Thanks Smile

~ David
How do I remove the list of people who liked the posts, I have no need for this at all
Is it possible to show the threads or posts that have received the most likes?
Hi there!

Apologies for the bump, but I was wondering if it's possible to tweak the Like system a little bit. For example, it says on the postbit: "Likes Received: 0 in 0 posts", is it possible to remove the "in 0 posts" part? Also, it it possible to change the colour of the digit so it's similar to the colour of my reputation system? I'm planning on disabling my reputation system and having a like system as a replacement.

Thank you for this wonderful plugin!
(2012-04-11, 07:10 PM)Alternate Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

Apologies for the bump, but I was wondering if it's possible to tweak the Like system a little bit. For example, it says on the postbit: "Likes Received: 0 in 0 posts", is it possible to remove the "in 0 posts" part? Also, it it possible to change the colour of the digit so it's similar to the colour of my reputation system? I'm planning on disabling my reputation system and having a like system as a replacement.

Thank you for this wonderful plugin!

i want the same, just to show Thanks: 45(no. of thanks received) , nothing more than that.