MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks G33k, gives a newbie like me something to give a go, will report back in time!
The instructions for upgrading are, if I'm not wrong, from a old version, it is very confusing, do we have to make all that steps?
(2011-11-18, 06:42 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The instructions for upgrading are, if I'm not wrong, from a old version, it is very confusing, do we have to make all that steps?

Quote:- Make a note of the plugin settings and any custom template changes you made.
- Deactivate old version
- Upload new files overwriting where necessary.
- Activate the plugin. Go to settings change settings to your requirements.
- If you had any custom modifications to the templates, Check the templates.

Whats confusing about these instructions?

If you are on version > 1.3 then you can skip the step to make a note of the settings as the settings are preserved, other than that I can't see what you are finding confusing?
(2011-11-19, 01:30 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Whats confusing about these instructions?

If you are on version > 1.3 then you can skip the step to make a note of the settings as the settings are preserved, other than that I can't see what you are finding confusing?

Yes, that was confusing about it, the fist step, anyways, I always skip it, just to let you kno that it may be confusing for some, thanks.
Suggestion: Do not revert templates when upgrading.
(2011-11-20, 01:53 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: Do not revert templates when upgrading.

That can't always be done. Some of the upgrades need the elements in the plugin's templates to be changed, if they are not the feature would break.
(2011-11-21, 02:08 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-20, 01:53 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: Do not revert templates when upgrading.

That can't always be done. Some of the upgrades need the elements in the plugin's templates to be changed, if they are not the feature would break.

Yes, the thing is that my templates always broke when I update the plugin, the buttons ones specially, it is hard to accomplish css buttons with this plugin Dodgy

I know, I have to take more care about the upgrade, but I always forgot when there are not warnings about stuff like that.
(2011-11-21, 06:58 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-21, 02:08 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, the thing is that my templates always broke when I update the plugin, the buttons ones specially, it is hard to accomplish css buttons with this plugin Dodgy

I know, I have to take more care about the upgrade, but I always forgot when there are not warnings about stuff like that.

Wait, you want me to give a warning about the template being reverted, yet you ignored that same step in the upgrade instructions??
(2011-11-19, 01:45 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that was confusing about it, the fist step, anyways, I always skip it, just to let you kno that it may be confusing for some, thanks.

What good is a warning going to do when its just going to be ignored and forgotten and skipped?

Would you rather I not revert templates leaving it to the users to do so and in the process break the plugin for ALL the users or revert the templates so that the plugin's functionality can be retained and only ones affected are the 1% that don't read the instructions?

Anyway, I could take a look and see if theres a way I can make it more efficient when I release the update for 1.6.5
Oh I see now! It says 'template' as well, my eyes didn't saw that, sorry :|
Can someone confirm if it's compatible with 1.6.5?