MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey friends,
I have a big problem, please someone help me...
When i go on thanks button on my page, is loading picture ...

And that loading picture will not go from my page, just when I click on refresh or some other link.

What can to do?

(i look on this forum, but i cant find solution, i am new in mybb)

In beginning i think that is because some mod cant work with others, then i delete others mods just because Thank You/Like System, but that is not problem, i love this mods, and i need him Smile Please help! Smile
Hello.

I'm very new under MyBB, but aware of the software field, and the ThankYou/Like plugin I've just installed today (MyBB is up and running since yesterday only) shows the hourglass-like animation indefinitively... However, the plugin seems to works since a hit on F5 refreshes the page and shows the like ("unlike" button appears, I mean), but it would be better if this waiting anim would be closed by itself. Awaiting a solution, I've switched the plugin on OFF Cool

Also, I have another problem with this plugin : I don't see any "likers" list beside or under the post. So, I've taken a look at the postbit template of the "Apart 1" theme I'm using and I well see things about thankyoulike, but nothing in the postbit_classic (and my forum forces the classic layout for everyone)... Do you think the issue is here ?
dont use apart themes this theme have big issue with lots of plugin also there is no support any more for this theme
Weird ! I've not encountered any other issue with another plugin against this theme. Also, I've choosen it because the Apart themes are in the "Recommended Themes for MyBB 1.6.9" (it's what is displayed at top of the "Home >> Themes >> Browse Themes" tab in the Admin board).

However, and this is certainly my main reticence for changing, I don't want to spend time on implementation of this forum in my environment. This forum is a private one (between me - as independent developper - and my personal testers) and the number of members will not grow. We're 11 ; maybe until the double in some month, but no more... And immediately, everyone told me : this Apart 1 theme is nice ! So, I would like to keep it ;o)

--
EDIT : also, I read at http://community.mybb.com/thread-74333.html that the Apart Themes serie will be the default one for MyBB 1.8 ; and, of course, I'll upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 when it will be an official stable release.
1.6 to 1.8 maybe about 2 years before do that
(2013-03-24, 02:28 AM)re5pect Wrote: [ -> ]Hey friends,
I have a big problem, please someone help me...
When i go on thanks button on my page, is loading picture ...

And that loading picture will not go from my page, just when I click on refresh or some other link.

What can to do?

(i look on this forum, but i cant find solution, i am new in mybb)

In beginning i think that is because some mod cant work with others, then i delete others mods just because Thank You/Like System, but that is not problem, i love this mods, and i need him Smile Please help! Smile

(2013-03-24, 06:39 PM)eanon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

I'm very new under MyBB, but aware of the software field, and the ThankYou/Like plugin I've just installed today (MyBB is up and running since yesterday only) shows the hourglass-like animation indefinitively... However, the plugin seems to works since a hit on F5 refreshes the page and shows the like ("unlike" button appears, I mean), but it would be better if this waiting anim would be closed by itself. Awaiting a solution, I've switched the plugin on OFF Cool

Also, I have another problem with this plugin : I don't see any "likers" list beside or under the post. So, I've taken a look at the postbit template of the "Apart 1" theme I'm using and I well see things about thankyoulike, but nothing in the postbit_classic (and my forum forces the classic layout for everyone)... Do you think the issue is here ?

If you're having the loading problem then it can be either of these problems:

- Templates. If all the template edits are not made that the plugin requires then it will hang up on loading. Check that all the template edits have been made: http://community.mybb.com/thread-59652-p...#pid599058

This is most probably eanon's problem since you don't also have the table that contains the list of likes meaning missing template edits.

- Javascript. If you have other 3rd party javascript on your site you have to make sure they are not interfering. A common cause is using jquery without the noconflict call. If this is the case then you should find other parts of the site affected too such as quick edit.
I have updated the plugin version from 1.2 to 1.5, also upgraded the forum from 1.6.2 to 1.6.9.

The user like count (x thanks received in x post) is not working.
(2013-03-27, 05:33 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]If you're having the loading problem then it can be either of these problems:

- Templates. If all the template edits are not made that the plugin requires then it will hang up on loading. Check that all the template edits have been made: http://community.mybb.com/thread-59652-p...#pid599058

This is most probably eanon's problem since you don't also have the table that contains the list of likes meaning missing template edits.

Hello and thanks for your concrete help, G33K. I've reviewed the templates as you stated (following the link to the other thread). The only thing absent was the "%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%<br />" in Apart1's postbit_author_user template. So, now, I have the "Likes Received: x in y posts" mention at left side of every post (knowing I'm using classic layout).

Nevertheless, I don't see any other info about liking in the post block on screen. I don't see any likers list, even if I checked the option to collapse it by default, I guess I should see something like.

Well, I've attached a snapshot of a post to show you (you'll notice I've create a like/unlike buttons which "match" the Apart 1 design ; the ones delivered with the ThankYou/Like plugin being for default theme only).

What could I try next ?

(2013-03-27, 05:33 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]- Javascript. If you have other 3rd party javascript on your site you have to make sure they are not interfering. A common cause is using jquery without the noconflict call. If this is the case then you should find other parts of the site affected too such as quick edit.

No, I haven't. This site is a private one between me (as independent dev) and my testers/team and it's very minimalist with a blog, an issue tracking system and a forum, these three parts being reachable from an home page. The MyBB forum is not in any frame and without any additional code but the one coming with the standard MyBB's pages.

Also, about plugin, I'm using only these three ones :

- Force Postbit Layout 1.0 : http://community.mybb.com/user-3840.html
- Display Usernames / Nicks Plugin 1.05 : http://community.mybb.com/thread-64932.html
- Thank You/Like System 1.5 (of course, OFF in settings until OK) : you know the URL since it's yours ;o)

--
Also, still this persistent animation at the middle of the page when I hit Like (or Unlike). So, I need to refresh by F5 to remove it. These test been done from IE9 and 10 under Win 7 64-bit.
If you can PM me a link with the plugin activated I might be able to look at it better. However, from what you are describing it seems to me you are missing the tr block that starts with <tr style="{$post['tyl_display']}" id="tyl_{$post['pid']}"> in postbit /postbit classic
About the missing list : I can't give you a link, G33K since it's a private forum, but I'll take a look at the point you indicate ; and will be back to tell you...

About the progress animation at center of browser (which never close by itself), do you have an idea (of the way to solve it) ?