MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ezGallery 2.0.1 - Photogallery for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I installed this program successfully but I get the error "Warning Gallery path is not writable! C:\wamp\www\forums/gallery/"
Then when I try changing the slashes to the same slashes as after C: I get this error in the settings page. http://localhost/forums/admin/index.php?...=adminset2
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''C:\wamp\www\forums\gallery\', 1, 65534))' at line 3
Query:
REPLACE INTO mybb_gallery_settings (variable, value) VALUES (SUBSTRING('gallery_path', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('C:\wamp\www\forums\gallery\', 1, 65534))
How can I make the folder writeable or fix this? I'm using wamp server and am on Windows 8. Thanks.
Use this for your path C:/wamp/www/forums/gallery/

To make it writable on windows. Setup the apache service to run as it's own user. And then give that user writable permissions to the gallery folder.
(2013-11-06, 04:03 AM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]Use this for your path C:/wamp/www/forums/gallery/

To make it writable on windows. Setup the apache service to run as it's own user. And then give that user writable permissions to the gallery folder.

I did that but I get the same error. Warning Gallery path is not writable! C:/wamp/www/forums/gallery/
I have no idea how to give user writeable permissions on a pc. I know how on a server with filezilla. I tried to connect to local host with filezilla but it wouldn't connect. Do I open C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.4.4 folder and do something there? Huh
Actually nevermind. I forgot to put the gallery folder in for some reason. Huh I have a forum folder which I don't use anymore cuz I did a fresh install under the folder forums, so maybe I put the gallery folder in there by mistake. Its working fine now. Thanks for the help anyways.
Glad to help.

ezGallery Pro Update!
I am working on ezGallery Pro! Almost finally ready details at
http://mybbhacks.com/showthread.php?tid=...39#pid3339
Umm.. I would like to suggest anonymous upload feature. The members can choose not to show their username in the gallery; only the administrator and approved members can view the username.
That would be a custom feature request. Not likely to it since hasn't been requested before and I really do not see the point. Would require some changes to and hiding the username of the user who posted in many areas.
I would suggest the ability to have an upload form for the gallery in the posting area of the forum. So users who want to share an image dont have to go to imgur.com or some other site. Then they can get the link for their image and post it in the forum topic. Maybe a button in the rich text editor?
(2013-11-06, 03:21 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]That would be a custom feature request. Not likely to it since hasn't been requested before and I really do not see the point. Would require some changes to and hiding the username of the user who posted in many areas.

That alright.. what if many people wanted this feature in the future? Will it still be a custom request? Basically when someone enter ''SOTW'' I dont want members to know who make those signature. Also, how much would it cost?
(2013-11-08, 01:57 AM)jacktheking Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-06, 03:21 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]That would be a custom feature request. Not likely to it since hasn't been requested before and I really do not see the point. Would require some changes to and hiding the username of the user who posted in many areas.

That alright.. what if many people wanted this feature in the future? Will it still be a custom request? Basically when someone enter ''SOTW'' I dont want members to know who make those signature. Also, how much would it cost?

Preorder ezGallery Pro and I will include that feature in as well
http://www.mybbhacks.com/ezgallerypro.php
You will get ezGallery Pro with a ton of extra features as well. I am near releasing the first major release of it.
can we have a feature list?