MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AutoMedia 4.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-12-22, 04:44 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-22, 04:36 PM)Wimbledon Wrote: [ -> ]I embedded a TwitVid here (post #2) and while the video showed up fine for me, I received several PMs from members who could not see the video.

Now I can't see it!

Can you see the video? Is there an issue with TwitVid? I'm using the most current version of the plugin.

Most likely you could see it because it was cached. I'm guessing they don't allow embedding.

That sounds reasonable.

Yet, when I viewed the video embedded on the forum, it had a nice TwitVid frame around it, clearly made for embedded videos, that I do not think would have appeared had the video just played from my cache, right? Additionally, the video itself has an HTML embed code option.

Video on TwitVid here:

http://bit.ly/eZcWxU
That's really weird. I've just tested the video with 5 different browsers, only IE didn't load it. Then I embedded other twitvid videos, they all worked in IE too. I don't know what's different with this one. Huh
I recently upgraded directly from 1.1.7 to 1.1.9. I'm having issues with video not showing and only sound playing. This link is an example. http://www.twitchinkitten.com/thread-177...l#pid23257

The last two posts in the thread were working videos when I posted them. I thought maybe the player itself was an issue and I put the 1.1.7 player file in but there was no difference.

These are .mp4 videos hosted on that site on the server. I just entered the url for the video, worked fine. I tested by using the url for the video in a separate browser tab and it plays fine with my Quicktime.

I have .MP4 embedded and that seems to work fine. .mp4 are the two giving me grief now.

This was tested on Mac OSX and Windows 7 - both with the same results - audio and no video.
FireFox and Safari = same thing.

Any clues why it would suddenly stop playing some videos?
How hard would it be to put the old version back in?
It seems the player has problems with some .mp4 videos. I've testet your example with the generator on the players homepage and got the same result - only sound playing.

Until 1.1.7 mp4's were played directly with Quicktime. If you want change back to it, you can try the attached plugin file. It's still 1.1.9 but .mp4 playing is back to Quicktime.
Interesting. But the files that are playing with my Quicktime popped up and didn't play embedded. These played embedded with your player and I know they opened with other players than quicktime because the windows 7 comp does not have quicktime installed and it played there. That's why I told people to wait for it to run or double click to start. Most of my members do not have quicktime and refuse to install it <eyeroll>

Will you have this issue fixed on a future upgrade?
I hope there will be a new player version available soon, otherwise I probably can't do much about that issue.
Oh OK, so it's the player then. I'll have to find a way to convert these for windows file types until the players can handle .mp4's.

Thanks for the help! I still LOVE this plugin and so the the members.
(2010-12-31, 01:27 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]Oh OK, so it's the player then. I'll have to find a way to convert these for windows file types until the players can handle .mp4's.

You could convert them to .flv's, e.g. with programs like Pazera Converter or XMedia Recode

(2010-12-31, 01:27 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help! I still LOVE this plugin and so the the members.

Thanks! Smile
Not sure if this can help you but DylanM found a player that works. He tweaked the files and it seems to work for everyone so far.

http://flowplayer.org/

Going to check those conversion tools out. I bought one for the Mac and it totally sucks - Leawo Mac Video Converter. Stupid thing is useless.
Sad sadly I can't use those. I'm using an Imac computer.
I have this plugin installed, but the videos posted in the thread below are way bigger than the settings in Automedia! Any idea why? They are breaking my margins...

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-351-b...76#pid6676