MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AutoMedia 4.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can this plugin be turned on *ONLY* in a forum that admin set?
Like, this plugin only automatically converted known links into embedded video in "Video" forums. Something like that.
(2009-09-17, 08:49 AM)nyunyu Wrote: [ -> ]Can this plugin be turned on *ONLY* in a forum that admin set?
Like, this plugin only automatically converted known links into embedded video in "Video" forums. Something like that.

Unfortunately not yet. But in the next version 1.1.4 you can enable embedding for certain forums only.
There will be also a few other new features like disallowing embedding for certain usergroups, a mycode for disabling embedding if you post the link between the mycode tags, several new supported video sites, etc. Wink
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
So, I will just wait for the next version then.
Thread subscribed.
Bummed because it doesn't work on my site... just keeps showing the URL.
Are you using any other plugins or custom mycode which possibly could interfere with the plugin?
Until now I only could reproduce the problems mentioned in this post.
Therefore any further information may be helpful for me to find possible bugs or errors.
Is there any way to adjust the default size of the YouTube embedded videos?

It would be nice if I could have them embedded with around twice the width and height.
You could adjust the size of the Youtube videos in the plugin file.
Open automedia.php, go to line 687 (v1.1.3) and find
<object width=\'425\' height=\'350\'
Change the values to your liking, save and upload the file to your plugin directory.
Question: I have not yet downloaded to my forum .. can you make in next version "3 icons"
1 = ( icon for video url )
2 = ( icon for flash )
3 = ( icon for mp3 )
plus to have a flv player intergrated with this mod on our server so nobody can steal our bandwidth Wink

thanks
Uhm...could you explain a bit more what kind of icons, where they should be and what for because at the moment I'm totally clueless about it. Big Grin

At first I thought of a integrated flv player but after some reading I decided for free external players for two reasons.
1. It saves you more bandwith since nobody can embed the player from your server on another site cause there is no player.
and (thats what I read Wink )
2. It's better for security reasons if all the posted files are not played directly on your own server.
icons would go where i highlighted in red for the different media