MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AutoMedia 4.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I guess you're using the default Embera library.

You could either switch to use embed.ly instead of Embera in the settings, since all embed.ly iframes are responsive by default.
Or if you want to stay with Embera, the following css works for me (at least with all responsive themes i've been using this far)

.am_embed iframe {
   width: 80%!important; 
}
Hey doylecc, thanks so much for the quick reply.
I will try to use embed.ly instead and see where that gets me.
I'll report back as others on responsive forums may encounter the same thing.

Okay, I did not realize embed.ly was a paid service so, not right now anyway.
I revised the CSS as you suggested and now, thankfully YouTube videos are responsive, but DailyMotion float left as I'd like them all to do.
It's as if there is no I frame value on YouTube videos.
See the below photo, in case I'm not clear...
they don't seem to have the same ratio either.
Thanks for your input.

[Image: videos_zpsbp5w2esz.png]
Embera relies on the oEmbed API of the providers and it looks like some of them currently don't care much about being responsive, sadly.

Concerning Embed.ly... Unfortunately embed.ly will drop their free API on April 1th (which is quite surprising, since I got no notice from them and discovered it only today after logging into my account there). To keep a working API key you have to upgrade to a paid plan.
However there will still be embed.ly cards available for free and without an API key.

With the next update this free option for embed.ly cards without an API key will be added to the AutoMedia settings.
Of course, the current option with a registered API key will also still be available.
We can deal with it for now, just looking forward to the next release and the option for embed.ly cards without an API key, that would solve a multitude of things.
Thanks for all your good work on the plugin.
Hi I was using the new version and now it will not work... I think I will have to Uninstall it and reinstall.. I had to close the Audiobook section of my site because when I placed the links within it looks fine until it goes on the web then it appears like this :

[amplist]

[source]"http://www.archive.org/download/practical_guide_to_self-hypnosis_af_librivox/selfhypnosis_05_melvinpowers.mp3" title=""[/source]
[/amplist]

Notice the large space between the first amplist and the link and if you move it then it still will not display. What should I do please I love this Audiomedia version
The spaces are probably inserted by the WYSIWYG editor, it's usually better to put it in source mode, when posting a playlist.
But even with the spaces and empty lines, the player ought to work.
Maybe you have any other plugin inserting something into the post?
Unfortunately without having a look at one of your threads where this happens, I can only guess.
I took your advice and posted it in source and it worked out great and is repaired. So now I will always post in source and not have a problem. Thank you Doylecc!
Hey,

It works when posting twitter links and Facebook links?

Like sharing a post in the thread?

If not, it's a suggestion. When implemented i will install on my Forum.

Thanks for your plugin.
(2017-04-05, 09:50 PM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]It works when posting twitter links and Facebook links?

Like sharing a post in the thread?

Yes (if the posts aren't readable by friends only of course)
Hi, cheers for great plugin

Should I be able to embed an mp3 into a post ?

I cant see any option to do so and if I try to upload one as an attachment it states incorrect format

Any help much appreciated

Cheers