MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-15, 08:05 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]can I show this shoutbox only in specific forum?

yes you must edit plugin file
I installed the plugin etc,
so when i go to admin cp, and to plugins nothing shows up but this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/u857116234/public_html/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php on line 5

I looked at the line, but i cant find anything?
Whats wrong Huh Blush
(2015-01-17, 01:21 PM)Janitor Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the plugin etc,
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/u857116234/public_html/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php on line 5

Whats wrong Huh Blush

Get your webhost to upgrade your PHP version.
(2015-01-17, 01:37 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-17, 01:21 PM)Janitor Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the plugin etc,

Whats wrong  Huh  Blush

Get your webhost to upgrade your PHP version.

Will they?
^ you might already have the php upgrading option at web host panel. if not just ask them for php 5.4 or higher version
I tried to make a shoutbox dedicated page but failed hard, what to do ?
oi, I see that some other people here are having the same problem as me but neither of them got any help...

my shoutbox shows up but you cant post in it. if you try posting in it the page just refreshes and nothing shows up in the shoutbox

[Image: 810a222a775095b6254e850665a7d475.png]

please help, its really annoying.
(2015-01-24, 10:50 AM)_Yank Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to make a shoutbox dedicated page but failed hard, what to do ?

The process is similar to the one mentioned here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-166105-...pid1134784
You need to create a custom .php page with {$dvz_shoutbox} variable in its template and add hooks (that would be run on that page) to the plugin's file.

(2015-01-24, 02:57 PM)Kalebninja Wrote: [ -> ]oi, I see that some other people here are having the same problem as me but neither of them got any help...

my shoutbox shows up but you cant post in it. if you try posting in it the page just refreshes and nothing shows up in the shoutbox

It's an issue with JavaScript that can occur while using an incompatible theme, having the jQuery library added improperly or when another plugin or modification is stopping the Shoutbox from functioning correctly. You can check your browser console for JavaScript-related errors to find out what exactly is causing this.
@Devilshakerz: I've did all that I just don't know which hook to add. The page is located at mydomain.com/shoutbox.php
(2015-01-24, 05:46 PM)_Yank Wrote: [ -> ]@Devilshakerz: I've did all that I just don't know which hook to add. The page is located at mydomain.com/shoutbox.php

Try adding a custom hook in the code of your page (before running the template with {$dvz_shoutbox):
$plugins->run_hooks('shoutbox_page');

And a call for it in inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php
$plugins->add_hook('shoutbox_page', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']);