MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-21, 04:39 PM)chuckie1992 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 02:31 PM)chuckie1992 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I recently updated DVZ from old v1 version to 2.2.1.

Everything works well except one thing, my shoutbox appears to be empty but when i checked archive i see loads of them. Now i saw one post of something with clearing shouts. I did deleted all shouts afterwards but still it keeps going empty on main page when i refresh, but its still in archive? Its not a big problem but it just looks silly opening up the forum and seeing shoutbox is empty like it has never been used.

Anyone familliar with this or does know how to fix it, the temporary solution i found is first minimizing the shoutbox then going to the archive of it then back to homepage and open shoutbox again. then i can see the chat. Otherwise i can only in the archive.
I installed it correctly.

This usually happens when the {$html} variable is missing (dvz_shoutbox template) - make sure it's in there, inside <div class="data">.
@SvePu

You have a PM.
Thanks for help!
(2015-10-23, 06:54 AM)Pikeman Wrote: [ -> ]@SvePu

You have a PM.
Thanks for help!

Answered by PM.

CSS for shoutbox is missing. Wink
Great job!
Thank you very much!

But one little thing is missing.

Under FORUM there is no background shown at the shoutbox.
Under PRO PORTAL everything looks fine.

And I can't find a CSS entry for the background of the shoutbox Sad
(2015-10-23, 02:15 PM)Pikeman Wrote: [ -> ]Great job!
Thank you very much!

But one little thing is missing.

Under FORUM there is no background shown at the shoutbox.
Under PRO PORTAL everything looks fine.

And I can't find a CSS entry for the background of the shoutbox Sad

Open the theme template "index" and replace:
{$dvz_shoutbox}

with:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="trow1">{$dvz_shoutbox}</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
GREAT!!!
Works fine!

Thank you very much again!
Shouts don't send
I am currently having an issue where the shoutbox does not update to show new shouts and also after submitting a new shout does not show what you just shouted.

Basically you have to refresh the entire page to see new shouts and any shouts you have made. It is almost like there is something wrong with the javascript.

This is my only javascript plugin and I am using MyBB 1.8.6 (latest as of this post).

I have tried to figure out what is going on but I have not been able to figure out what the issue is. Everything is still "functional" - it is just annoying to have to refresh to page to see any updates including your own shouts to make sure it went through.

Help please?
Firstly, awesome shoutbox! not resource heavy at all!

I installed all and its working great, but when I ban a member under the archive section and click save the said member can still shout?
(2015-10-26, 11:07 AM)Silvrav Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, awesome shoutbox! not resource heavy at all!

I installed all and its working great, but when I ban a member under the archive section and click save the said member can still shout?

I have figured it out...was not using the ID.

now, how can one shorten the archive span of message? like 24hours or limit it to say 200messages