MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way hot to show total users online in shoutbox?

EDIT: I see that on the preview image in this thread there are different text colors (propably users). How to make mods/admin´s shout text bolded
(2015-01-24, 02:57 PM)Kalebninja Wrote: [ -> ]oi, I see that some other people here are having the same problem as me but neither of them got any help...

my shoutbox shows up but you cant post in it. if you try posting in it the page just refreshes and nothing shows up in the shoutbox

[Image: 810a222a775095b6254e850665a7d475.png]

please help, its really annoying.

For me it was the pro stats plugin causing the issues , uninstall that plugin if you have it .

@devilshakerz
How can i put the "enter your message " panel at the bottom of the shoutbox instead of at the top ? Thanks
(2015-02-07, 03:52 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way hot to show total users online in shoutbox?

EDIT: I see that on the preview image in this thread there are different text colors (propably users). How to make mods/admin´s shout text bolded

The Shoutbox online information is not saved anywhere, so it would require some work to implement that.
DVZ Shoutbox does not set a color for different users' messages (MyCode was used).

(2015-02-07, 11:39 PM)ShaneR82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-24, 02:57 PM)Kalebninja Wrote: [ -> ]my shoutbox shows up but you cant post in it. if you try posting in it the page just refreshes and nothing shows up in the shoutbox

For me it was the pro stats plugin causing the issues , uninstall that plugin if you have it .
ProStats plugin might have been causing the Shoutbox not to work, however the issue was fixed in build #3 and after updating ProStats both plugins should work correctly.

Quote:How can i put the "enter your message " panel at the bottom of the shoutbox instead of at the top ? Thanks
Move the {$panel} bit below the close tag of the window element in the dvz_shoutbox template.
After I upload dvz_shoutbox.php , the plugins list in ACP is not displayed anymore (blank page) .
I cannot confirm that, I use it without any problem. You have to use php 5.4+

I made some css changes and now it looks amazing! Really nice plugin
Great plugin, thanks!
is it possible to place emoticon button in shout box ? and i think i ll be more handy if we can add text format option too
i think this plugin should be really lightweight
(2015-02-08, 11:16 AM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-07, 03:52 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way hot to show total users online in shoutbox?

The Shoutbox online information is not saved anywhere, so it would require some work to implement that.
DVZ Shoutbox does not set a color for different users' messages (MyCode was used).

(2015-02-07, 11:39 PM)ShaneR82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-24, 02:57 PM)Kalebninja Wrote: [ -> ]my shoutbox shows up but you cant post in it. if you try posting in it the page just refreshes and nothing shows up in the shoutbox

ProStats plugin might have been causing the Shoutbox not to work, however the issue was fixed in build #3 and after updating ProStats both plugins should work correctly.

Quote:How can i put the "enter your message " panel at the bottom of the shoutbox instead of at the top ? Thanks
Move the {$panel} bit below the close tag of the window element in the dvz_shoutbox template.

This doesnt seem to be working , im changing the dvz_shoutbox.php  file to this 
<div class="body">

<div class="window" style="height:{$mybb->settings[\'dvz_sb_height\']}px">
<div class="data"></div>
</div>

</div>
{$panel}
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/jscripts/dvz_shoutbox.js"></script>
{$javascript}

</div>',

Am i doing something wrong ?

NVM : I got it , i had to uninstall the plugin then re install it for the effects to take place ..duh .. thanks man
Because I had a lot of trouble with this, if you are trying to use the shoutbox outside of your forum directory, you'll either need to use RewriteRule in .htaccess for xmlhttp.php or create a file called xmlhttp.php in the directory you want the shoutbox to be in and put this content in it:
<?php
chdir("forums"); // Replace forums with whatever directory your forum is in.
require_once "xmlhttp.php";
?>

Hope this helps other people.