MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice plug-in.

Does it auto-purge the messages after a designated time period?
Is there a way to make it global without moving it?
I've tried to make it global with moving it and it still doesn't work. I've tried everything I could find on this (there's a lot) and nothing seems to work. I thought it was just me at first, but I've been working on the website for over a few months now and still can't figure anything out. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
i am getting this message when trying to activate it:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1005 - Can't create table 'outlawsg_forum1.mybb_dvz_shoutbox' (errno: -1)Query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS mybb_dvz_shoutbox ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, uid int(11) NOT NULL, text text NULL, date int(11) NOT NULL, modified int(11) NULL DEFAULT NULL, ipaddress varbinary(16) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id) ) ENGINE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
^ looks like there is a problem with your database server. Please contact your webhost to fix it.

Edit: see also related guidance here (external link)
thanks .m., but ill use the other i found on here
seem to be having issues

post a message, it shows and messages appear from other people come up for a few seconds, but any following messages will not auto load and needs a page refresh

general.js?ver=1800:531 Uncaught ReferenceError: cookieSecureFlag is not defined
at Object.set (general.js?ver=1800:531)
at Object.updateLastRead (dvz_shoutbox.js:526)
at Object.eval [as success] (dvz_shoutbox.js:146)
at j (jquery.js:3099)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:3211)
at x (jquery.js:8264)
at XMLHttpRequest.eval (jquery.js:8605)

edit;
fixed by updating my headerincludes .js to have the right ?ver=XXXX at the end of them and adding var cookieSecureFlag = "{$mybb->settings['cookiesecureflag']}"; into it
When will it be possible to add static messages / announcements, stuck at the top of shoutbox?
^ one can simply add required message manually in dvz_shoutbox template (can be above {$panel}, with a div element) ..
(2018-04-17, 07:19 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ one can simply add required message manually in dvz_shoutbox template (can be above {$panel}, with a div element) ..

Of course, but imo it would be cool to have a built in function to do this Smile
(2016-01-10, 05:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ if you are using template conditionals plugin then code like below should work in forumdisplay template
<if $fid == xyz then>{$dvz_shoutbox}</if>

Should I put this line of code in index or forumdisplay ?

For some reason, it is now working on forumdisplay. 

Thank you.