MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-06-16, 08:10 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]add {$dvz_shoutbox} to your index template

BETWEEN {$header} and {$forums}

Perfect. It work. Thanks for support
Hello, newbie here.

Trying to install DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4 on a 1.8.34 myBB Board, but I get an error when browsing Plugins:
Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/yyyy/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php on line 5

The Line 5 of dvz_shoutbox.php is
$plugins->add_hook('global_start', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'global_start']);   // cache shoutbox templates
Any clue?
(2023-06-20, 03:49 PM)Riven de gailande Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, newbie here.

Trying to install DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4 on a 1.8.34 myBB Board, but I get an error when browsing Plugins:
Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/yyyy/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php on line 5

The Line 5 of dvz_shoutbox.php is
$plugins->add_hook('global_start', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'global_start']);   // cache shoutbox templates
Any clue?

Looks like the PHP version on your server is older than 5.4, a minimum requirement of the plugin.

You may be able to switch to a more recent version in your hosting panel, or server configuration.
Hello Devilshakerz, thank you for your replys.

Indeed, it's a php version issue, currently 5.2 on my server. I'll have to wait for other projects to be completed before upgrading php to a newer version.
is there any way to make tabs for separate shouts?
Working fine.
Since the update to 2.3.4, I have noticed the problem that page generation increases the more is written in the Shoutbox. With an empty Shoutbox I have about 30ms and with about 10 messages already about 60ms.

So the more messages, the higher the page generation. This was not the case before the update. Could someone confirm this or take a look and maybe fix it?
Will this work with php 7. and 8. serious of php
Hi guys,

I finally managed to get the box on the homepage. But when i type something with my 'regular' account, and hit enter, nothing shows up! Something im doing wrong????? Please help
What URL is it located at? I can't seem to find it.