MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Wk19gab.png]

I really can't figure out why it is transparent. Anyone knows how this is possible?
(2018-09-27, 12:47 PM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Wk19gab.png]

I really can't figure out why it is transparent. Anyone knows how this is possible?

give your forum address
Is there a straightforward way to integrate the shoutbox on a page that isn't the index? I'd like to display it on a standalone page or a specific forum (discussions).
how i can so that visitors can also comment on shoutbox?
(2018-09-28, 10:48 PM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a straightforward way to integrate the shoutbox on a page that isn't the index? I'd like to display it on a standalone page or a specific forum (discussions).

Yes, there is a way to do this.

You can see this HERE

Notice the URL of the page. That's how it's done.
(2018-10-01, 02:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-28, 10:48 PM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a straightforward way to integrate the shoutbox on a page that isn't the index? I'd like to display it on a standalone page or a specific forum (discussions).

You can see this HERE

That's exactly what I'm hoping to accomplish.

Does the filename/URL have to be chatroom.php? I tried including {$dvz_shoutbox} within other template files and it didn't seem to work.

Sorry if this question seems obtuse, but how did you integrate the shoutbox on that page? How did you create that page? Is it a hard file or did you use a page manager plugin? My preference would be to insert {$dvz_shoutbox} within the forumdisplay.php template (I'd use a conditional to ensure it's only displayed within my "discussion" sub-forum).

Edit: I'm pretty new to customizing MyBB and I'd really appreciate a brief description as to how this was achieved. Did you copy the content of {$dvz_shoutbox} directly onto a template as opposed to trying to insert {$dvz_shoutbox}?
(2018-10-06, 12:45 AM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-01, 02:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

You can see this HERE

That's exactly what I'm hoping to accomplish.

Does the filename/URL have to be chatroom.php? I tried including {$dvz_shoutbox} within other template files and it didn't seem to work.

Sorry if this question seems obtuse, but how did you integrate the shoutbox on that page? How did you create that page? Is it a hard file or did you use a page manager plugin? My preference would be to insert {$dvz_shoutbox} within the forumdisplay.php template (I'd use a conditional to ensure it's only displayed within my "discussion" sub-forum).

Edit: I'm pretty new to customizing MyBB and I'd really appreciate a brief description as to how this was achieved. Did you copy the content of {$dvz_shoutbox} directly onto a template as opposed to trying to insert {$dvz_shoutbox}?

@Devilshakerz should be able to assist you in this.

My previous admin did all of that work, so I do not know how he did it.
dvz shoutbox on a separate page : see this method
(2018-10-06, 11:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]dvz shoutbox on a separate page : see this method

Thanks! I'm reviewing this now.

Thanks again. I was able to embed the shoutbox within forumdisplay by simply adding a hook and editing the plugin file. From there, I added this code within the forumdisplay template in order to show the shoutbox on a specific forum:

<?php

if ($fid == 11) {echo "{$dvz_shoutbox}"; }

?>	
Hi !
I've got some problem with the shoutbox:

1. When i collapse the shootbox, i can't uncolapse
  2. The shoutbox collapse on her own and i can't open it without refresh
  3. when i post a message, other messages are duplicated (lol1.PNG && lol2.PNG)
Help me  Confused
Michael