MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i add the variable to the index of the template
^ please see installation instructions at the plugin page
Quote:Insert the {$dvz_shoutbox} variable into your index template.
it can be added just above {$forums} in the index template of your forum's active theme

Quote:Copy the CSS included in the package (STYLES.txt) into your theme stylesheets (for example global.css)
global.css stylesheet of your theme should be edited in advanced mode through themes section of forum admin panel
[Image: 034ac3678d044248b3fe5dbb429f1f82.png]

i added the css and edited the index and got this
^ can we have your forum url ..
@.m.

I'm having the same problem @KingAce is having with the DVZ Shoutbox, looks same as his screenshot.

I added the {$dvz_shoutbox} variable into your index template.
and added CSS included in the package (STYLES.txt) into my theme stylesheet global.css
added the upload files correctly.

i have no idea.
^ looks like there are a couple of mistakes in adding (or editing) style codes in the global.css

when adding the new style codes, global.css should be opened in advanced mode [see related guidance]
and required codes can be added at the bottom of the stylesheet

if it is confusing, you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to fix it.
Thanks, this fixed it. I was still having the problem, so with some searching, I found that I had to do a HARD REFRESH ( control + F5 ). now i see it working properly now. im posting this for anybody else that needs this help.
[Image: IpLvzK3.png]

The container is way to big . I can't see any way to fix it out .

Anyways This is the css of shoutbox .

/* DVZ Shoutbox */
#shoutbox { margin-bottom: 10px; border: solid 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.1); }
#shoutbox .head { padding: 1px; }
#shoutbox.front .head { cursor: pointer; }
#shoutbox .head .right { float: right; margin: 0; font-size: 13px; }
#shoutbox.collapsed .head { opacity: 0.6; }
#shoutbox.collapsed .body { display: none; }

#shoutbox .panel { border-top: solid 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.1); }
#shoutbox input.text { margin: 0; padding: 10px 8px; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; border: none; box-shadow: inset 0 2px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.08); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000; }
#shoutbox .minposts, #shoutbox .blocked { padding: 1px; font-size: 11px; }
#shoutbox .panel.minposts { background: #FFFED8; color: #727250; }
#shoutbox .panel.blocked { background: #FCEFEF; color: #543A3A; }
#shoutbox .panel p { margin: 0; }

#shoutbox .window { border-top: solid 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.1); overflow-y: scroll; }
#shoutbox .data { display: table; width: 100%; border-top: solid 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.1); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; }
#shoutbox.front .data { border-top: none; }

#shoutbox .entry { display: table-row !important; width: 100%; transition: background-color 0.2s; }
#shoutbox .entry:nth-child(even) { background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.01); }
#shoutbox .entry.new { background-color: rgba(255,255,100,0.1); }
#shoutbox .entry:target { background-color: rgba(50,200,255,0.1); }
#shoutbox .entry > div { border-bottom: dashed 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); }
#shoutbox .entry:last-child > div { border-bottom: none; }

#shoutbox .entry > div { display: table-cell; padding: 6px; }

#shoutbox .avatar img { margin: 0 auto; vertical-align: middle; max-height: 20px; max-width: 20px; border: solid 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.1); box-shadow: 0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.1); cursor: pointer; }
#shoutbox .user { border-right: solid 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; }
#shoutbox .text { width: 100%; color: #555; }
#shoutbox .info { font-size: 11px; color: #AAA; white-space: nowrap; text-align: right; }
#shoutbox .entry.unread .info:before { display: inline-block; position: relative; top: -2px; margin-right: 10px; height: 4px; width: 4px; content: ''; background: rgba(255,100,0,0.8); border-radius: 10px; }
#shoutbox .info a { color: inherit; }
#shoutbox .mod { padding: 1px 1px; font-size: 9px; font-weight: bold; color: #AAA; text-decoration: none; }
#shoutbox .mod:nth-of-type(2) { margin-right: 5px; border-left: solid 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.1); }
#shoutbox  .ip { margin-right: 10px; color: #CECECE; }
^ what is your forum url ? can guests view the shoutbox ?
(2017-05-08, 12:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ what is your forum url ? can guests view the shoutbox ?

Nah guests can't view it and I ain't permitted to give you the temporary access . Can't you fix it ?