MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The lightweight MyBB AJAX-based chat.

[Image: preview_47371_1410973285_91696a403d37b96...781735.png]

Major features:
- smileys and MyCode parsing,
- away mode (turn off autorefreshing when user is inactive for a specified period of time),
- antiflood time control,
- minimum forum posts to shout,
- blocking specified users from shouting,
- advanced group permissions system,
- unread messages marking,
- "lazy load",
- archive mode with users' IP addresses visible to moderators.

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=63

Legacy version (for MyBB 1.6.x): http://mods.mybb.com/view/dvz-shoutbox
Looks Awesome! I plan on replacing Inferno Shoutbox with this one in the next few days.

Thanks!
Thanks!
i dont like this update.. id rather using dvz shoutbox 1.0 than this.. there is no shout button on this version.. the only like is the moderation option on archieve.. please bring back the old UI..
(2014-07-22, 09:13 PM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]there is no shout button on this version..
It's not a bug - it's a feature Smile

However, you can re-insert it yourself by a simple modification in dvz_shoutbox_panel template - in fact the submit button is already there, but it's hidden.

Removal of the submit button is actually the main change in Shoutbox's design, and that was done so as a result of imperfections in display (the text input and the button were not taking 100% of space, resulting in some space left on the right; now the text input width is full 100%) and because it wasn't really needed: the default information already suggests that you ENTER your message - the shouts are being posted after pressing the Enter key and it works on mobile browsers too.

Version 2.0 also solved some minor bugs that might have appeared in 1.0 (for example, duplicated messages in some rare cases).
thanks for the reply... members of my forum are using operamini they are confused is where is shout button is.. please on next update include clickable smilies option..

Edit: feedback shouts are not visible using operamini sir..
Would be nice if it were an "@" button instead of an "»". Love this shoutbox though!
(2014-09-01, 08:05 AM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]Would be nice if it were an "@" button instead of an "»". Love this shoutbox though!

This change will be introduced in the next version also containing compatibility patches for MyBB 1.8 and minor improvements.
(2014-09-01, 09:15 AM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-01, 08:05 AM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]Would be nice if it were an "@" button instead of an "»". Love this shoutbox though!

This change will be introduced in the next version also containing compatibility patches for MyBB 1.8 and minor improvements.
I see, I see. Does this version have any Commands? Would certainly make the shoutbox better and easier to use imo.

Also, any idea why when I put "{$dvz_shoutbox}" on the portal it doesn't show up? I really need it to display on my portal but it just doesn't appear at all, no where to be found.
(2014-09-01, 07:09 PM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]Does this version have any Commands? Would certainly make the shoutbox better and easier to use imo.
It does not. Implementing parsed commands would complicate things a bit and the Shoutbox is meant to be reasonably simple Smile

Quote:Also, any idea why when I put "{$dvz_shoutbox}" on the portal it doesn't show up? I really need it to display on my portal but it just doesn't appear at all, no where to be found.
You need to add a hook at the beginning of the plugin's file:
$plugins->add_hook('portal_end', 'dvz_shoutbox');