MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I want to create category specific latest threads sidebox, since most of my sub-forums have their own theme I think I can do that with simply going with X sidebox, should be visible only in X theme, created for X sub-forum.

Inorder to do that I need (at least 10) different latest thread modules I can arrange which of them showing threads from which category.

For example in this forum theres a "Resources" and "Community" categories, what I want is, when people go into Plugins forums (which is under Resources) they will see "Active threads from Resources Category" which will show them threads from only Plugins, Themes, Translations etc.  if they go to any forum in Community Category then they will see only threads from that category.

To do that I need to be able to 1. copy modules and 2. settings for latest threads module, can you help?
Hey,

really great plugin, just installed and nearly happy with all of it.
But there are three things I want to do but don't know how:

1. I use ezGallery. At the moment I show pictures of the gallery in the slider. But I want to show random pictures with a link to the picture that's displayed. Can I do this simply with a custom box?

2. I want to change width of the boxed, they are a little bit small to me. Is this possible?

3. I want to show the next 5 or 10 Calender-Entries. I suspect this is possible with custom sidebox too. But has someone done that before and can give me a hand?

Thank you alle very much!
I'm having a problem in the Advanced Side Box - Manage Side Box module with Latest Threads > Settings > Forum Hide List
I enter the Forum ID (fid) - just the number, no comma or anything else, and Save it.

In this case the forum is called "Documents Library" and permissions are set to Exclude guests (so that guests will not see threads in the Documents Library listed in the Side Box).

Registered Members have permissions to the Documents Library forum.

I want to HIDE the Documents Library posts from ALL guests and members so that posts DO NOT appear in the Side Box.
However, entering the fid number still does not hide the posts from Registered Members.

To recap;
Guests can see the Documents forum, but not it's posts.  
Members can see the Documents forum And it's posts.  
I want to Hide (exclude) all posts in the Documents forum from the Side Bar.

Am I missing something?  Where did I go wrong?
private_messages.php #86

<tr>
		<td class='trow1'>{$pm_message}>/td>
	</tr>

probably should be

<tr>
		<td class='trow1'>{$pm_message}</td>
	</tr>
@Darkrad
Thanks.  Will make the changes.

On another note; Advanced Sidebox will not be supported by the original author any time in the near future.
I've learned in a private message from Wildcard that LIFE's demands has demanded his available time for other purposes.
He can no longer pursue what has obviously been a work of passion.

From Wildcard's PM:  "I would love for some of the community to take over and keep this plugin working, but sadly, I haven't had any volunteers."
CloudyBright, I took some time this morning to review the issues for this plugin on GitHub and I don't see any issues. What exactly is the problem with the plugin? The only two issues I see are minor and reported and created by myself...
(2017-06-15, 09:12 PM)noidea Wrote: [ -> ]1. I use ezGallery. At the moment I show pictures of the gallery in the slider. But I want to show random pictures with a link to the picture that's displayed. Can I do this simply with a custom box?

No, it would require you to create a custom module that interfaced between my plugin and ezGallery.

(2017-06-15, 09:12 PM)noidea Wrote: [ -> ]2. I want to change width of the boxed, they are a little bit small to me. Is this possible?

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...side-boxes

(2017-06-15, 09:12 PM)noidea Wrote: [ -> ]3. I want to show the next 5 or 10 Calender-Entries. I suspect this is possible with custom sidebox too. But has someone done that before and can give me a hand?

No, custom sideboxes are strictly for static content. You can use JavaScript to do a few things, but when you need to pull information from the database or other server-side operations, you'll need to create a custom module. See here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...ensibility
(2017-08-12, 01:58 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]CloudyBright, I took some time this morning to review the issues for this plugin on GitHub and I don't see any issues. What exactly is the problem with the plugin? The only two issues I see are minor and reported and created by myself...

I think that it's a "permissions" issue.
Registered users can "view" the private forum. (Permissions are set in the ACP > Forum Management > Options > Permissions
(I have a private forum visible ONLY to registered users.)

In Advanced Side Box, I go to > Latest Threads, edit mode, "Custom Module Settings" > Settings tab > Forum Hide List
I set the private forum fid (forum ID) into the Hide List box.
Problem: >>>  But the private forum threads are still shown in the Side Box to registered users.  (But not shown to guests)

I would like Side Box to exclude / hide ALL posts from the private forum.
it doesnt add boxes to the portal
(2017-08-12, 03:48 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it's a "permissions" issue.
Registered users can "view" the private forum. (Permissions are set in the ACP > Forum Management > Options > Permissions
(I have a private forum visible ONLY to registered users.)

In Advanced Side Box, I go to > Latest Threads, edit mode, "Custom Module Settings" > Settings tab > Forum Hide List
I set the private forum fid (forum ID) into the Hide List box.
Problem: >>>  But the private forum threads are still shown in the Side Box to registered users.  (But not shown to guests)

I would like Side Box to exclude / hide ALL posts from the private forum.

Okay, I haven't quite got my testing environment set back up (new PC)-- I'll try to do some testing when I have all of that sorted.

(2017-08-12, 04:32 PM)outlaw16151 Wrote: [ -> ]it doesnt add boxes to the portal

Thanks for the report. As above, I'll test when I can.