MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-06-26, 02:57 AM)Esper Wrote: [ -> ][...]how do I get the sidebox headers to look like my theme's header?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you are asking. Can you try to rephrase or perhaps post a screen shot?
(2018-06-26, 10:17 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-26, 02:57 AM)Esper Wrote: [ -> ][...]how do I get the sidebox headers to look like my theme's header?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you are asking. Can you try to rephrase or perhaps post a screen shot?

I'm a co-admin of his forum.
He is asking how to get the sidebox header to look like the h2. (Header of the forum areas) 

https://i.imgur.com/sux4AYa.png 
[So we want the forum headers from the left to replace the blue header of the sideboxes]
Apparently, the theme you are using doesn't use the same markup/CSS classes that the default theme does. You will need to look at the ASB templates for your theme (found in Advanced Sidebox Templates within your theme's template set) and change them to match the custom header you are using.

The relevant template is asb_wrapped_sidebox

I may not be explaining this well enough, but maybe you can see what I mean.
Hey, getting the following SQL error when trying to install and activate Advanced Sidebox 3.1.11

https://i.imgur.com/Yn0NLsO.jpg

Any ideas as to what's causing this? It's the only plugin I have on my forums.
What version of MySQL are you using?
MySQLi 8.0.12
Okay then, the issue is that 'groups' is a reserved word since 8.x

A quick Goggle says quoting the column name in back ticks should fix it.

I won't be able to help till tomorrow, but I will look at it then.
Just to let you know, my attempt to install advanced sidebox  v3.1.11 or the master on GitHub on MyBB v1.8.18 resulted in this error: [Image: 2Lqztrv]

Server OS: Centos 7.5
PHP: 7.1
Database: MariaDB 10.1
Other plugins installed: none

I was able to update the table manually and successfully run the install again.

Thanks for the plugin.

CoolMoon
First of all, thank you so much for trying ASB. Secondly, thanks for the bug reports.

I certainly need to work on getting a setup to test with MariaDB— but I currently don't have that set up. I am trying to learn to use Docker now so maybe that can happen in the future.

I'm gonna create an issue for MariaDB compatibility and work on getting that done.

Thank you.
Hi! Installation problem. Uploaded all the files, but when I went to the Plugin menu to  "Activate & Install", this screen came up (note that my Admin folder is called /land-ho/, in case you wonder):

[Image: asb-permission-denied-screen.jpg]

From the Plugin menu I am able to access "Plugin Settings," but if I click on "Manage Sideboxes" from the same menu I get a blank screen. I've gone through and double-checked that I got all the files up. Should I uninstall everything and try again? [Edit: If I click on "Uninstall," I get a blank screen.]

I'm using MyBB1.8 with the Default theme.

Thanks - I really look forward to using this!

~Wendy
CANADA