MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-09-28, 08:28 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]@8guawong

I took a look and I can see what the problem is.

You must set your Admin CP language to Turkish if you wish to create side boxes with default titles in that language. If you do not wish to do that, then you can just add custom titles to your side boxes in whatever language you like.

ok just as long you know what i was talking about
so its a design choice not a bug then  Big Grin
To be honest, it is something that I've never considered before.

In this situation, you really should be able to use the board language for the side boxes when they are displayed— but when we code for the ACP, we must respect that selected language, so what can I do?

In the end, it only affects the default title, and that can be easily remedied by either of the options I presented.
Advanced Sidebox 3.1.14 Released

Fixes:
  • a bug where a query was wasted in the side box management page in ACP
  • a bug where a query was wasted in the visibility tool tip display
  • a bug where queries were wasted when building the theme list
  • a bug where the Welcome module's login form was missing the authorization code and was broken (reported by @8guawong)
  • a bug where the Welcome module's template reference a language variable that didn't exist (reported by @8guawong)
  • a bug in the Birthdays module where if there were no birthdays for the given month, a SQL error occurred (reported by @Mattaffix)
  • a bug where in the addon module functions, a PRE flag was used that was deprecated in PHP 7

To upgrade: Deactivate in ACP, overwrite existing files, Activate
Wow, quite a long changelog, good job!
Thanks for the brilliant update.
(2018-09-29, 05:41 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, quite a long changelog, good job!

You're welcome. Thanks to everyone who tested and reported bugs.

(2018-09-30, 08:19 AM)JustinJack Wrote: [ -> ]this looks awesome. Is this plugin is available in wordpress?

Sorry, but no. MyBB only.

(2018-09-30, 08:47 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the brilliant update.

You're welcome. Smile
Hello bro!

How are you doing?

I need your help to create a custom box,where i would like to add some random user manually,who have contributed on my my forum.

The format could the same as of the Top Poster ,with a title,an avatar and the description.

I tried making a custom box but couldn't get it to work.

Could you kindly help me,please?

Thanks a lot again for the plugin.
(2018-10-13, 07:02 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Hello bro!

How are you doing?

I'm good. Thanks for asking. Smile

(2018-10-13, 07:02 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]I need your help to create a custom box,where i would like to add some random user manually,who have contributed on my my forum.

The format could the same as of the Top Poster ,with a title,an avatar and the description.

I tried making a custom box but couldn't get it to work.

Okay, custom boxes are for static content. If you want for the content to change, you are probably gonna be better off going with a addon module. Now, if you aren't a PHP coder then you might have a little trouble with that, but it really isn't all that hard.

(2018-10-13, 07:02 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Could you kindly help me,please?

Of course, I will try.

What about this: I will try to just make a "Member Spotlight"-type addon for the next version of ASB. This side box will allow you to enter a list of user uids (or just one) and it will randomly select a user and display their details in the side box?

Does that sound reasonable?

(2018-10-13, 07:02 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot again for the plugin.

You're welcome.

Thanks for all the good ideas from you and other users! We are making this plugin better, together.
(2017-08-27, 10:52 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]I am also experiencing this issue:

[Image: 7N0dNN.png]

When I edit custom boxes, I see custom boxes screen above like this.

Darkrad,

I've finally been able to reproduce this issue. It only happened if CodeMirror is disabled in ACP. It is an easy fix and I will get it in for the next version.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...issues/343
Thank you for the information.