MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No problem.
Hello Wildcard ,

did you look the ezgallery plugin?

Thanks in advance!
(2020-02-04, 07:35 PM)liontaris Wrote: [ -> ]did you look the ezgallery plugin?

No, I'm afraid not.

With such a low amount of users currently interested (not even enough to beta test 4.0) I have decided to halt any further development until we can get 4.0 up and running.

I have been running 4.0 for three months or better. Yet, no one has offered any help to get it tested and released.

FeelsBadMan
Hello!
I have a problem with the content of a sidebox ..
As you can see on the first picture, the number of users is not up to date ...
[Image: DqlKE.png]

4+1=6?  Undecided

Can this be a little more specific?

Content of "asb_whosonline"
<tr>
 <td class="trow1">
 <span class="smalltext">{$lang->asb_wol_online_users} <a href="online.php" title="Qui est en ligne?"></a><br /><strong>&raquo;</strong>{$lang->asb_wol_online_counts}</span>
 </td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td class="trow2">
 <table style="text-align: center;">
 <tr>
 {$onlinemembers}[<a href="online.php" title="">{$lang->asb_wol_complete_list}</a>]
 </tr>
 </table>
 </td>
 </tr>

Thx in advance for your help,
greets,
blongso
^ IIRC, if your user group cannot see invisible users then those invisible users count is added to total of online members count
(2020-02-06, 11:31 AM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]As you can see on the first picture, the number of users is not up to date ...

As .m. said, there are factors that could prevent those totals adding up.

Also, a way to verify is to check the who's online page and see if it is reporting different numbers than my plugin.
re,
Thank you to both of you Smile Wink Big Grin

I learn every day - the problem is age: how long can I keep it in mind? Angel

Greets, blongso
Cool
Hello Wildcard,
I am currently planning a new look for our forum.
I decided to use Sideboxes on the right side of the forum. Fortunately, I found the plugin.
I tried to develop my own sideboxes.
With iframes, for example, I have to insert a running text with news.
Now I wanted to insert YouTube videos, also using iframes.
Now I have some questions ...

1. The video windows are of course much too small. So I want to make the sideboxes larger (width). The size of the video windows are adjusted so that users have the option of clicking on the "Pause" and "Full Screen" bars.#
So my idea was this:

<table width="180px"><tr>
 <td class="trow1">xxxxxxx<iframe width="180" height="180" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxxxxx" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td class="trow2">xxxxxxxxxxxxx<iframe width="180" height="180" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxxxxx" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td bgcolor= "#efefef" class="trow3">xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<iframe width="180" height="180" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxxxxxx" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></td>
 </tr>
</table>

Can I do it like this?
Do I have to do everything sideboxes like this?

2. I have a total of 6 sideboxes. 3 of these are sideboxes with Youtube videos. A sidebox has a running screen with news, via a script.
The last one just has a jpg.
So if I activate your plugin (only for me) and update the page of the forum, it takes a long time until the page or the sideboxes of the content become visible.

Do the videos take so long? Although it is ultimately a link?
Can I improve something so that the content of the sideboxes can be seen more quickly?
Because even if the page of the forum is cached it takes a long time. I also tried clearing the cache and then going to the forum ... no improvement

I'm sure I will have a few more questions ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help! Shy
Greets,
blongso
Let me just ramble and maybe you will get some ideas from what I write.

First of all, to the idea of putting YouTube videos in the side bar. As you have discovered, each embedded YT video has to load and that takes time. For my forum, I just grab the YouTube thumbnail, and add a little JavaScript so that the video doesn't actually get embedded until the user clicks play.

To get the thumb for any YT video, just place the video ID (the part after ?v= in the URL) into this URL: http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/{video ID}/0.jpg then you can do some JavaScript that replaces the image with the embedded video on click.

To my knowledge, this is the best way to handle it so that the page loads quickly.

To the question of stacking embeds in your side bar: It isn't the best idea in the world.

A simple Facebook like button still takes upward of 3 seconds to load, even on a great connection. Adding several embedded sources is 100% going to decrease the speed of page loads. I try to only embed 1-2 things per page. Back to the YT thing, if you do what I am suggesting, you could have several embedded videos on the same page and still achieve lightning-fast load times.

For an example, look at this thread on my forum: https://www.rantcentralforums.com/Thread...o?page=115

If you notice, all the "videos" on this page are just thumbnails scripted to convert themselves to an iframe embed on click.

It is important to note that you will want to disable this behavior on mobile because mobile devices a) already generally prevent autoplay-- so the JS will often fail to play the video and b) mobile devices generally don't preload videos so they load more quickly, anyway

P.S. I know that ASB uses tables for now, but in your sidebox content, you can just use a more modern, div-based approach to aligning your content. (It would just live in the table row that the sidebox uses for its content.)

I hope this helps.