MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-02-04, 07:47 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]With such a low amount of users currently interested (not even enough to beta test 4.0) I have decided to halt any further development until we can get 4.0 up and running.

I have been running 4.0 for three months or better. Yet, no one has offered any help to get it tested and released.

I was recently checking your repositories but didn't found any packages for any upcoming release.

Do we just download the "major" branch and that is it? Also, is there a list of changes made or we need to look through the issues or commits history?
4.0 is housed in the major branch: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...tree/major

Here is the project link which provides a sort of "table of contents" of the major changes: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...projects/3

And here is a list of all the themes that I have tested and instructions on using ASB with them: https://community.mybb.com/thread-223481.html

The new version is built using responsive principles and works out of the box with many popular themes. I would really appreciate your feedback, Omar. šŸ‘
Sure thing. I tried to update one site by deactivating -> uploading files -> activating back. I received the following error:
[attachment=42555]

Then I tried to update the script for which what I thought was the issue and found 1) widths wen't updated property and 2) trying to update on the fly didn't work:
[attachment=42556]

Finally, I tried to update the width values editing directly, but finally got the following error (Forum Display script):
[attachment=42557]

From my side I would assume I updated incorrectly.
This is my fault, I should have mentioned that this is not an upgrade like I normally release.

Due to so much legacy code, I stripped this version down and 3.x must be completely uninstalled and 4.0 installed in its place.
No problem. I have this installed in three forums, I successfully updated in the almost fresh installed one, but while attempting to update likewise in another forum I got the following error whenever I try to drag and activate a module.

I tried to quickly trace the source but was unsuccessful.
re Wildcard!

I love it! What a great solution with the thumbmail !!!
A little research on the Internet and a little change your own code and the page of the forum will load faster.

Thanks very, very much for the tip!
Greets,
blongso
(2020-02-11, 06:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. I have this installed in three forums, I successfully updated in the almost fresh installed one, but while attempting to update likewise in another forum I got the following error whenever I try to drag and activate a module.

I can't reproduce that issue. Is this a live site that I could look at?

(2020-02-11, 08:10 AM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]re Wildcard!

I love it! What a great solution with the thumbmail !!!
A little research on the Internet and a little change your own code and the page of the forum will load faster.

Thanks very, very much for the tip!
Greets,
blongso

You're welcome Cool
(2020-02-11, 06:06 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. I have this installed in three forums, I successfully updated in the almost fresh installed one, but while attempting to update likewise in another forum I got the following error whenever I try to drag and activate a module.

You need to clear your browser's cookies before setting up new side boxes.
Advanced Sidebox (4.0)

Error trying to installĀ  Sad

[Image: 1X0XiPZ.png]

Settings:

MyBB 1.8.22
php 7.2
MariaDB 10.4

PS: The MentionMe plugin (3.2.12) is working fine. The problem only occurs with Advanced Sidebox (4.0).
Thanks so much for testing!

I have been way behind on stuff, but I am super excited that people are starting to finally give 4.0 a try Smile

I will look at this and the issues found by Omar G. this weekend if at all possible. Thank you!