MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-01-21, 09:24 AM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @ll,
I would like to add a news of the world feed in a sidebox, is there a tutorial?

You would need to find a service that you can embed and put it in a custom box.
re Wildcard,
Do you have an example please?

Thanks in advance
Okay, for example, to embed Yahoo! News, go to https://iframely.com/domains/yahoo and grab the code there and put it into a custom box.

So, once you have the code, Go to ACP -> Configuration -> Advanced Sidebox [tab] -> Custom Boxes [subtab]

Click "Add a new custom box type"

Set the name to whatever you want.

Chang the code to this:
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<div style="width: 98%;">
<iframe src="https://www.yahoo.com/superfan-tv/hodor-cant-hold-off-lunch-181659914.html?format=embed&region=US&lang=en-US&site=tv&player_autoplay=false" style="border: 0; width: 100%;" allowfullscreen allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
</div>
</td>
</tr>

NOTE: This is an example. Use this to embed whichever news feed you want.

[Image: 5fnVgJ3.png]
re,
thank you very much for your help wildcard!!!

I have an another question:

In the asb_addon.lang.php file, I commented out the two lines, but the two characters remain ... where can I remove them?
[Image: wN7Vp.png]

[Image: 2AmlK.png]

I also wanted to ask whether it is possible to include a personal greeting in this sidebox.
About as:
Bonjour nickname

Depending on the time of day, a greeting would be absolutely brilliant
Example:
Hello nickname - Good morning nickname - Good evening nickname

Thanks in advance for your help!
greets,
blongso
(2020-01-22, 08:00 AM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]thank you very much for your help wildcard!!!

No problem 👍

(2020-01-22, 08:00 AM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]In the asb_addon.lang.php file, I commented out the two lines, but the two characters remain ... where can I remove them?
[Image: wN7Vp.png]

[Image: 2AmlK.png]

Go to ACP -> Templates & Styles -> [Your Theme] -> Advanced Sidebox Templates and look for asb_welcome_membertext

Remove:

<strong>&raquo;</strong>

(2020-01-22, 08:00 AM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]I also wanted to ask whether it is possible to include a personal greeting in this sidebox.
About as:
Bonjour nickname

Depending on the time of day, a greeting would be absolutely brilliant
Example:
Hello nickname - Good morning nickname - Good evening nickname

Yes and no.

The username part is as easy as {$mybb->user['username']} but detecting the time of day would require some PHP.

(2020-01-22, 08:00 AM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks in advance for your help!
greets,
blongso

You're welcome Smile
(2020-01-13, 10:44 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I never saw this. Try reading this: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...rong-place

I've been inactive and after seeing your post I'm a bit confused. I'm literally blank as to what to do in the Manage script section.

This is what the section looks like to me - http://prntscr.com/qschhu

Any help getting the Sidebox would be great. I just need a push.
^ navigate to manage sideboxes tab in forum admin panel, follow below instruction
Quote:... drag a module over either column and drop it.
A modal window will allow you to customize it.
When you are done save the box and refresh your forum.

if you have already done so & the boxes still do not appear then
you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel to check ..

[note: I may not be able to check in next 12 hours .. right now it is GMT/UTC 1600]
Hello @ll,
I need your help.
I discovered the site feed.mikle.c0m and created two sideboxes with rss feeds.
Now I see that my two feeds are deleted after 14 days because I chose the free version.
What I particularly liked was that the feed continued to scroll independently, as in the example

Is there an alternative to feed mikle?

THX in Advance for your help!
blongso
(2020-02-02, 01:22 PM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an alternative to feed mikle?

Not that I know of.
re,
thx Wildcard!

greets,
blongso