MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-11, 11:36 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]I only made the suggestion based on folks asking me in the process of this help or that involving asb and after having to explain it again and again

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean Toungue

(2019-03-11, 11:36 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for listening and the consideration. Also, please do keep up the excellent work! Smile

You're welcome. Smile

Just a start, but I added a wiki page and a FAQ entry. I'll update the first post with a mention as well.
(2019-03-11, 07:29 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-11, 04:36 PM)tazilon Wrote: [ -> ]The ban list I have says it's fixed, I got it here: --> https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1206

I was unaware that someone had released a fixed version of the bans page. That's a good thing.

I just took a look at the code. Everything has been sanitized correctly, but the original error listed here has not been fixed. Follow that link and make the suggested changes and you will be good to go.

Let me know if you have any issues.

That worked and took care of the issue, thank you very much! Smile
You are welcome. Cool
How to split the article and sidebox?
[Image: AXd967F.png]
(2019-03-15, 08:55 PM)Trach Duong Wrote: [ -> ]How to split the article and sidebox?

From the picture, it looks like you have issues that might be solved by editing header search text in the Show Thread script definition.

To answer your question, you can add some style to the side box columns by altering the templates. asb_sidebox_column looks like this by default:

<td style="width: {$width}px;{$show_column}" id="{$column_id}" valign="top">
				{$sideboxes}
				{$content_pad}
			</td>

You can add some margin either by assigning the columns a class and adding rules in global.php, or you add a style property to the <td/> element.

<td style="margin: 8px; width: {$width}px;{$show_column}" id="{$column_id}" valign="top">
				{$sideboxes}
				{$content_pad}
			</td>
Hey, I'm having problems with the width viewing my forum with a mobile. It would be very helpful, if you could not only set the width in pixels, but also in %. That would solve my problem instantly. Big Grin Or is there a way to do this already?
(2019-03-16, 09:03 PM)progward Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm having problems with the width viewing my forum with a mobile. It would be very helpful, if you could not only set the width in pixels, but also in %. That would solve my problem instantly. Big Grin

I was just having a conversation about this earlier with a friend. That is something I'm going to try to get done this weekend. DrXotick has experienced some issues with the way side boxes display on mobile and I plan to make a couple of changes to help with that.

(2019-03-16, 09:03 PM)progward Wrote: [ -> ]Or is there a way to do this already?

Currently, not really. IF your columns are all the same width, you edit asb_sidebox_column and change the width to a percentage manually.
@Wildcard Awesome. Where do I find "asb_sidebox_column" though? I already looked through most of the code, but didn't really find anything.
How can I disable sideboxes in thread view? All of the posts on my forum are whited out when this plugin is enabled. Square theme, mybb 1.8.
http://subliminal-talk.com (currently disabled)
(2019-03-17, 01:12 AM)progward Wrote: [ -> ]@Wildcard Awesome. Where do I find "asb_sidebox_column" though? I already looked through most of the code, but didn't really find anything.

ACP -> Templates & Style -> [Templates] -> Advanced Sidebox Templates -> asb_sidebox_column

(2019-03-17, 01:40 AM)Cyanide_ Wrote: [ -> ]How can I disable sideboxes in thread view? All of the posts on my forum are whited out when this plugin is enabled. Square theme, mybb 1.8.
http://subliminal-talk.com (currently disabled)

You can disable side boxes from a specific page in many ways. You can disable that script in ACP -> Configuration -> Advanced Sidebox [tab] Manage Scripts [subtab] Show Thread (Deactivate) or Edit the side boxes and set page permissions appropriately.

I took a look at that theme and the issue is that it needs an edit in the script definition.

Go to ACP -> Configuration -> Advanced Sidebox [tab] Manage Scripts [subtab] Show Thread and change the Header Search Text from {$ratethread} to <div id="posts_container"> and it should work fine:

[Image: wqpXoOb.png]