MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems like you have got it straightened out, but if you need further help, let me know.
If this is already possible, I haven't figured out how yet, but it'd be useful to be able to use truncated post titles in the latest threads and recent posts widgets. I've restyled the latter to display all information on a single line, and on a smaller sidebox, that could get a bit awkward-looking with longer post titles:

[Image: f7b2eaf9ac.png]
That makes a lot of sense. I'll get it done for the next minor version.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...issues/237
Thanks, Wildcard!

Also, another minor suggestion: if you set the thread text preview length to zero in these widgets, it should remove all preview text, including the ellipsis. I had to remove the variable from the asb_recentposts template to fully disable thread text previews.
(2016-12-31, 03:56 PM)Nebulon Ranger Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Wildcard!

Also, another minor suggestion: if you set the thread text preview length to zero in these widgets, it should remove all preview text, including the ellipsis. I had to remove the variable from the asb_recentposts template to fully disable thread text previews.

Makes sense. I'll try to get it working.

I have to finish getting MentionMe updated, but as soon as I'm done I will be working on ASB 3.1
Hello, Wildcard.

I would really love to install this and use it. I feel it would be very useful to my project I am building. However I go to install it and I received this message.

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'replace_all' at row 1
Query:
    INSERT INTO mbb_asb_script_info (`title`,`filename`,`action`,`page`,`width_left`,`width_right`,`template_name`,`hook`,`find_top`,`find_bottom`,`replace_all`,`replacement`,`replacement_template`,`eval`,`active`,`dateline`) VALUES ('Index','index.php','','',160,160,'index','index_start','{$header}','{$footer}','','','','',1,1483334378) 

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
Hi,

It looks like you error reporting may be set a little high for the plugin. Are you installing on a localhost server or a live site?

In any event, what causes errors for you might cause errors for others. I think if I just replace the default '' values with '0', it will solve your problem. I'll make a patch as soon as I have time.
Advanced Sidebox 3.0.3 Released

Fixed an issue where empty values in installation data caused STRICT database error.

To upgrade, just overwrite the files.
Should I just overwrite while it's active or I should deactivate, overwrite and activate? If I do that do I lose settings?
If you don't have the error posted about above then I wouldn't even bother upgrading. That was the only change.