MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks.
Hello!

The Advanced Sidebox plugin seems to break banlist plugin. I have the following error when Advanced Sidebox is activated and I try to access bans.php:

[attachment=41632]

Any ideas?

Thanks!
(2019-03-11, 02:57 PM)tazilon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

The Advanced Sidebox plugin seems to break banlist plugin. I have the following error when Advanced Sidebox is activated and I try to access bans.php:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=41632]

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1. The banlist plugin has vulnerabilities and you should only use a fixed copy.
2. The issue is not with ASB
3. If you are on Discord, hit me up (Wildcard#3029) and I will send you a fixed version of the ban list plugin/page.
(2019-03-11, 04:29 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-11, 02:57 PM)tazilon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=41632]

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1. The banlist plugin has vulnerabilities and you should only use a fixed copy.
2. The issue is not with ASB
3. If you are on Discord, hit me up (Wildcard#3029) and I will send you a fixed version of the ban list plugin/page.

Thanks for the swift response. I would like a fixed version of the ban list, but I'm not on Discord. Any other way?

The ban list I have says it's fixed, I got it here: --> https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1206
(2019-03-11, 04:36 PM)tazilon Wrote: [ -> ]The ban list I have says it's fixed, I got it here: --> https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1206

I was unaware that someone had released a fixed version of the bans page. That's a good thing.

I just took a look at the code. Everything has been sanitized correctly, but the original error listed here has not been fixed. Follow that link and make the suggested changes and you will be good to go.

Let me know if you have any issues.
@wildcard

Not sure if this is in your documentation..., as I have not read it, but here is a suggestion since I have had to explain this to several people...

Perhaps a small explanation that the plugin installs files to the acp styles..., so if a user installs another acp style after, they freak out because the asb files are not there and they think the acp style is broken...., so perhaps a note about manually adding said files on any new style added after install would help said users clarify that manual requirement. Just a thought. Smile
(2019-03-11, 08:04 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]@wildcard

Not sure if this is in your documentation..., as I have not read it, but here is a suggestion since I have had to explain this to several people...

Perhaps a small explanation that the plugin installs files to the acp styles..., so if a user installs another acp style after, they freak out because the asb files are not there and they think the acp style is broken...., so perhaps a note about manually adding said files on any new style added after install would help said users clarify that manual requirement. Just a thought. Smile

I can verify this!

At the very least... this is assuming that the Advanced Sidebox has already been installed... and... if the AdminCP theme doesn't already support the Advanced Sidebox plugin (I do not think any of them do at this time of posting), then the instructions can be amended to something like what you see in the screenshot.

[Image: 96acc80305281807b1887016d545f266.png]
(2019-03-11, 08:48 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-11, 08:04 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]@wildcard

I can verify this!

At the very least... this is assuming that the Advanced Sidebox has already been installed... and... if the AdminCP theme doesn't already support the Advanced Sidebox plugin (I do not think any of them do at this time of posting), then the instructions can be amended to something like what you see in the screenshot.

[Image: 96acc80305281807b1887016d545f266.png]

* nice..., yeah perhaps note also that there are actually 2 asb folders one in the main style folder, the other in the images folder..., so both will have to be manually added to any new style added by any user after asb is already installed.
(2019-03-11, 08:04 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps a small explanation that the plugin installs files to the acp styles..., so if a user installs another acp style after, they freak out because the asb files are not there and they think the acp style is broken....

(2019-03-11, 08:55 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]perhaps note also that there are actually 2 asb folders one in the main style folder, the other in the images folder...

To be completely honest, the documentation for ASB could use some love. The wiki does provide basic information on plugin usage, but I think you are right to suggest giving some attention to the Installation section.

I can't make any promises, but I will try to give it a look in the near future.

Not in any way annoyed by your suggestion, but I do want to point out that other plugins don't even consider multiple ACP themes. So, this is what you get for trying Toungue
(2019-03-11, 10:13 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-11, 08:04 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps a small explanation that the plugin installs files to the acp styles..., so if a user installs another acp style after, they freak out because the asb files are not there and they think the acp style is broken....

(2019-03-11, 08:55 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]perhaps note also that there are actually 2 asb folders one in the main style folder, the other in the images folder...

To be completely honest, the documentation for ASB could use some love. The wiki does provide basic information on plugin usage, but I think you are right to suggest giving some love to the Installation section.

I can't make any promises, but I will try to give it a look in the near future.

Not in any way annoyed by your suggestion, but I do want to point out that other plugins don't even consider multiple ACP themes. So, this is what you get for trying Toungue

I feel ya on that..., for sure. It seems to be a solid plugin and yes the multiple acp styles is a bonus..., been modifying the heck outta the global.css of asb..., so that has been fun and such while helping out for a few users. Totally give you props for the quality product, without a doubt and by no means did my suggestion mean to nag nor offend as primarily I only made the suggestion based on folks asking me in the process of this help or that involving asb and after having to explain it again and again (* I know you are most likely well versed with that minor repeat questioning and explaining annoyance side of support, haha!) I simply figured I would give the previous suggestion here as something to perhaps consider or not or at least air in an area where other users may come to ask the same questions at some later date but find it already mentioned here. Thanks for listening and the consideration. Also, please do keep up the excellent work! Smile