MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-08-31, 04:25 AM)TreeHerder Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Installation problem.

Please check and see if the permissions are set correctly for /images (and subfolders) and /{your admin folder}/styles (and subfolders).

These folders should be writable.

As to the other issues, I'll be home in about thirteen hours and I can try to help then. If you would like, you can send me temp admin details and I will try to help you troubleshoot.
When i click on install and activate,i get this:

[attachment=40767]

[attachment=40768]

I am using the latest version of MyBB with the 7.0.31 php version, MySQLi 10.2.15

Any ideas?
(2018-08-31, 11:55 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]When i click on install and activate,i get this:

Can you look at your PHP/MySQL error log and see if there is anything relevant in it?
<error>
	<dateline>1535726168</dateline>
	<script></script>
	<line>0</line>
	<type>20</type>
	<friendly_type>MyBB SQL Error</friendly_type>
	<message>SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query: ALTER TABLE mybbmm_users ADD `show_sidebox INT(1) DEFAULT 1` </message>
</error>

May be problem is realted to the hosting company,read this thread please.
But i must say that i installed the Dvz integrity tools this morning without issues.
Thankyou for your time and efforts.
Hey kbilly,
I had the same error using MariaDB, if you go into my phpMyAdmin and run the sql without the back ticks

ALTER TABLE mybbmm_users ADD show_sidebox INT(1) DEFAULT 1

this is assuming mybbmm is your table prefix

then just hit install again
(2018-08-31, 02:51 PM)CoolMoon Wrote: [ -> ]Hey kbilly,
I had the same error using MariaDB,   if you go into my phpMyAdmin and run the sql without the back ticks

ALTER TABLE mybbmm_users ADD show_sidebox INT(1) DEFAULT 1

this is assuming mybbmm is your table prefix

then just hit install again

It did the job for me,love you bro.

Thankyou for your time. Smile
Hey Wildcard,
Just to let you and anyone else know, if Minify JavaScript is set to yes in the Advanced Sidebox settings your "Javascript Example" from GitHub does not work on my test board, it does work if set to no.
Is there a way to delete the created boxes?

Sorry,found it.

Let me now enjoy this beautiful plugin. Heart
(2018-08-31, 03:32 PM)CoolMoon Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Wildcard,
Just to let you and anyone else know, if Minify JavaScript is set to yes in the Advanced Sidebox settings your "Javascript Example" from GitHub does not work on my test board, it does work if set to no.

Thank you, I will make an issue for that. Also, thank you for all your help.

I still can't test with MariaDB, but I am trying to work on that with some help from kawaii...

(2018-08-31, 03:39 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Let me now enjoy this beautiful plugin. Heart

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry you had issues with the plugin.
(2018-08-31, 03:53 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry you had issues with the plugin.

Sorry?Hehe,we just need to thankyou for these plugins.