MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Wildcard, does this new version include the who's online responsive avatar fix? I've just noticed the usernames are spilling out of the box on lower res devices, so will switch back to avatars if this version has the fix
(2019-04-26, 08:03 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]does this new version include the who's online responsive avatar fix?

Not yet. I will be including that all at once in the the next major version.

(2019-04-26, 08:03 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]I've just noticed the usernames are spilling out of the box on lower res devices, so will switch back to avatars if this version has the fix

The only thing that changed in this version is fixing those two errors...nothing was changed at all on the front-end.
Right, it's issue that's existed, but I didn't notice until using a phone with lower DPI. I wasn't placing blame on the new version.

Is there some way I can target only the usernames in the who's online box to make it a smaller font?
(2019-04-26, 04:07 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't placing blame on the new version.

It's all good. I just wanted to clarify. 👍

(2019-04-26, 04:07 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Is there some way I can target only the usernames in the who's online box to make it a smaller font?

I know its sorta hacky, but if you know the sidebox ID (you can examine the html or hover the edit link in ACP) then you can do something like this, obviously replacing {id} with the numeric ID:

#whosonline_{id}_e > tr > td.trow2 > table {
    font-size: .5em; /* or whatever you like */
}
(2019-04-26, 07:44 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-26, 04:07 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't placing blame on the new version.

It's all good. I just wanted to clarify. 👍

(2019-04-26, 04:07 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Is there some way I can target only the usernames in the who's online box to make it a smaller font?

I know its sorta hacky, but if you know the sidebox ID (you can examine the html or hover the edit link in ACP) then you can do something like this, obviously replacing {id} with the numeric ID:

#whosonline_{id}_e > tr > td.trow2 > table {
    font-size: .5em; /* or whatever you like */
}

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. Worked perfectly (used .75em and tested back to iPhone 5 (640p/326dpi)). Maybe in the future will use @media for higher-res phones, but doesn't look bad as is even with dpi set to 550.
(2019-04-27, 12:54 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Worked perfectly

Great! I am glad it helped Smile
Just an update on the responsive changes for ASB 4.0

[Image: Gp69C2x.gif]

It isn't exactly going perfectly, as you can see, but I am slowly changing things to remove tables completely from the structure.

One of the main obstacles so far, is dealing with themes that are not already responsive. If you look at the GIF above, the default table layout resists being compacted. So, I'm thinking this update won't do you a lot of good unless you are already using a responsive theme. Or at least, it won't do you as much good.

Once I get it working fairly well with the default theme and a basic responsive theme I am testing with, I will start trying popular MyBB themes to see how it behaves. This isn't going to happen quickly, but I am trying.

ASB Responsive Update Project on GitHub
Hi there! Im trying to use the plugin with BootBB theme but the sideboxs looks weird (it seems a css problem)

Can anyone help with this? Im not an css expert, and also dont know what stylesheets I need to edit. Thanks!!
Hi undasein,

I'm really busy right now, but I will try my best to look at BootBB this weekend and provide whatever guidance I can. Thanks for your patience.
(2019-05-30, 08:57 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi undasein,

I'm really busy right now, but I will try my best to look at BootBB this weekend and provide whatever guidance I can. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you so much! Smile