MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Wildcard. You take your time and check it.
@vk_knight

I will check it as soon as I have a chance to get MentionMe straightened out.
Bumping this. Still looking for beta testers.

A lot of people were asking for a responsive update, I will adjust my sense of urgency to the amount of feedback that I receive.
I have the Dark 1.8 theme, let me know if i could help by testing.

Thanks for your time.
(2019-06-18, 02:43 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Bumping this. Still looking for beta testers.

A lot of people were asking for a responsive update, I will adjust my sense of urgency to the amount of feedback that I receive.

I'm a bit busy this week but I promise send you feedback on Bootbb theme. Keep the good work
(2019-06-18, 07:45 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Dark 1.8 theme, let me know if i could help by testing.

It would be a lot of help. If you have access to a localhost copy of MyBB, you could install the new version and put it through its paces. Just try setting up your theme with new version and look out for issues or things that could be done better.

(2019-06-18, 07:45 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your time.

You're welcome Smile

(2019-06-18, 08:06 AM)undasein Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit busy this week but I promise send you feedback on Bootbb theme. Keep the good work

Thank you so much Smile
It was brought to my attention that I may have been unclear about BETA testing instructions, so I just want to try to explain myself more clearly.

When testing a MyBB plugin, it is best to do so on a test forum. It could be on the Internet or by using MAMP or some other localhost installation. While, I really don't think there would be major issues, we don't know because much of this code is new and therefore untested.

So, if you would like to help by beta testing, a prerequisite would be that you know how to install MyBB on your local machine and add plugins and themes.

If you don't feel comfortable doing all of that, I completely understand. There are other ways that you can help after 4.0 is released. For now, just be patient Smile

Thanks to those who have contacted me with suggestions and feedback. Greatly appreciated.
Any late news about the Advance Sidebox beta 4.0?

I am going to install the Advanced Sidebox 3.1.18 on my new website for now, but if 4.0 is coming out real soon, I prefer to wait until that comes out.
It's ready, but I haven't received any feedback on the beta release at all, and I have repeatedly asked for people to install the plugin and test (here, here, here, and here)

I even gave specific instructions on how to test and what to look for, but not one single person has given a reply. I'm not mad about it, but let me be perfectly clear to not just you, but anyone reading this:

I do not need ASB 4.0

...at all. I long ago made my forum's content responsive, and it is actually going to be a bit of a hassle for me to install 4.0 and reconfigure everything, so I am in absolutely no rush to release this and then have a ton of issues and bugs because no one would help with testing.

When and if I get some reports from actual testing users, then I will release 4.0, but until that happens, consider it stalled indefinitely.

(I will of course still patch 3.x, though)

I've been through this before and my life is a living hell when software isn't properly tested before release and I don't have time for that.

[Image: tenor.gif]
(2019-08-20, 11:47 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]It's ready, but I haven't received any feedback on the beta release at all, and I have repeatedly asked for people to install the plugin and test (here, here, here, and here)

I even gave specific instructions on how to test and what to look for, but not one single person has given a reply. I'm not mad about it, but let me be perfectly clear to not just you, but anyone reading this:

I do not need ASB 4.0

...at all. I long ago made my forum's content responsive, and it is actually going to be a bit of a hassle for me to install 4.0 and reconfigure everything, so I am in absolutely no rush to release this and then have a ton of issues and bugs because no one would help with testing.

When and if I get some reports from actual testing users, then I will release 4.0, but until that happens, consider it stalled indefinitely.

(I will of course still patch 3.x, though)

I've been through this before and my life is a living hell when software isn't properly tested before release and I don't have time for that.

[Image: tenor.gif]

+1 buddy, I know that feeling Smile