MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-13, 11:16 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.

Gives an error :
[2] require_once(/inc/plugins/asb/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 21 - File: inc/plugins/asb.php PHP 5.5.36 (Linux)

Why spam the release thread with error questions? Open a thread in plugin support.
(2016-10-15, 12:05 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested in Chrome again and I didn't have any issue. Confused

I'll try again after scroll/lock issue is fixed. I was trying this plugin in my beta forum, maybe theres something wrong there. I really look forward to use this plugin. I even created banners for Slideshow. Big Grin I want to show forum events there.

(2016-10-15, 01:25 AM)Nuance Wrote: [ -> ]Why spam the release thread with error questions? Open a thread in plugin support.

(2016-10-13, 09:03 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.
(2016-10-15, 09:08 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try again after scroll/lock issue is fixed. I was trying this plugin in my beta forum, maybe theres something wrong there. I really look forward to use this plugin. I even created banners for Slideshow. Big Grin I want to show forum events there.

Yes, you are right to post bug reports here and I appreciate all of your feedback.

I posted an update to the maintenance version of ASB on GitHub fixing the theme select box problem, a few incorrect image files, and the language issues you found. I haven't released 3.0.1 yet because I am waiting to see if you've found another bug first. If you want you can go ahead and try the maintenance version. You can download it here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...enance.zip
1- It seems like in a "Creating A New Sidebox" page General - Permissions - Page - Themes tabs are not working, instead I see all of them at once. This can still cause scroll/lock issue when there are many options to fill like this : http://i.hizliresim.com/9GZoq5.jpg

2- Blank page issue after doing any change still exists. I might clone my actual forum and try on it, if you are sure there's nothing wrong with plugin. Doing changes on custom boxes are okay. Doing change on sidebox options are not.

3- No > 0 is working great. Would be nice to have MyAlerts integration and instead of 'announcements' it should show 'alerts'.

4- Add New Custom Box page shows another page with Custom Boxes selected inside.

5- How to change width of sideboxes? Twitter widget can't get smaller than 180px width, and sideboxes are have like 140px width max. : http://i.hizliresim.com/2jz1kq.jpg I can solve the issue with adding width: 180px; to .thead but not sure if that would have any side effects on somewhere else in forum.
(2016-10-15, 03:14 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]1- It seems like in a "Creating A New Sidebox" page General - Permissions - Page - Themes are not working, instead I see all of them at once. This can still cause scroll/lock issue when there are many options to fill like this : http://i.hizliresim.com/9GZoq5.jpg

The tabs are not working correctly on your end. This is what it looks like in testing:

[Image: xQFDVsB.png]

(2016-10-15, 03:14 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]2- Blank page issue after doing any change still exists. I might clone my actual forum and try on it, if you are sure there's nothing wrong with plugin.

I can only test in a local environment because my forum is still running MyBB 1.6. I plan to wait until I get all of my plugins upgraded to work with MyBB 1.8 before I upgrade my forum because it depends on many of my plugins for functionality that the users expect.

All that I can tell you is that on my local server, I have absolutely no issue with blank white screens.

(2016-10-15, 03:14 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Doing changes on custom boxes are okay. Doing change on sidebox options are not.

Are you saying that on the Add/Edit Custom box page everything is working correctly, but on the main "Manage Sideboxes" page you are getting errors?

Because I can't reproduce the error I need as much information as you can possibly give me. If you can, answer some of these questions.

Which action is causing the blank screen?
  • Creating a new side box?
  • Editing an existing side box?
  • Changing the order of the side boxes?
  • Moving a side box from one column to the other?

If you are still having problems, can you also try to walk down the file list and ensure that every file has been copied correctly?

Since the error is in the ACP routines, the files in admin/jscripts/asb/ are the most important, but also make sure the rest of them have been copied to the correct locations.

(2016-10-15, 03:14 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]3- No > 0 is working great. Would be nice to have MyAlerts integration and instead of 'announcements' it should show 'alerts'.

That isn't a bad idea. I have tons of work ahead of me in getting all my plugins updated for MyBB 1.8, getting my forum upgraded, and then going back to work through the bugs in both my forum and my plugins. So, I can't promise when I will take on feature requests, but I will make an issue on GitHub for it and time will tell.

(2016-10-15, 03:14 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]4- Add New Custom Box page shows another page with Custom Boxes selected inside.

I'm not sure I am understanding this. Can you send a screen shot?

(2016-10-15, 03:14 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]5- How to change width of sideboxes?  Twitter widget can't get smaller than 220px width, and sideboxes are have like 140px width max. : http://i.hizliresim.com/2jz1kq.jpg

Side box width is set for each script that ASB is viewed on. Go to ACP->Plugins->Advanced Sidebox->Manage Scripts and find the page that you want to adjust the width of side boxes on and click its title. If you scroll down you will find the width among those settings.
Interesting, I will try cloning my actual forum now. Maybe I broke something while I do tests in beta.

Sadly, same thing happens in my actual forum's new clone. I simply install the plugin, add Welcome bar to right area (menu is broken / tabs issue) and I save (get white/blank screen). Updating scripts are okay, making changes on sideboxes are okay. Doing changes on main menu gives blank screen, at least to me. I have an issue with "Manage Sideboxes" tab, others are working.
I don't have enough information to say for sure, but there seems to be some kind of conflict with the JavaScript with the tabs being broken on the modal and the white screen problems.

When you get a blank screen, copy the url in the browser window and paste it here.

I have a suspicion that the JavaScript is broken and therefore the submit button isn't being observed and the modal form is submitting through a page load and not redirecting.
Here :

/admin/index.php?module=config-asb&action=edit_box&id=4&addon=staff_online_box&ajax=1

Also it would be much better if there was an option to put link to each image in slideshow sidebox. I want to use that like I create banners for stuff in forum and people simply can click on those images to reach that thread etc.

I am also unable to make avatars 'circle' since it seems it doesnt have its own class, I would like to put border-radius :50%
(2016-10-15, 05:21 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Here :

/admin/index.php?module=config-asb&action=edit_box&id=4&addon=staff_online_box&ajax=1

Yeah, as I suspected, that URL is the action property on the modal form— in other words, that is the form that was supposed to be submitted via AJAX. So either something broke JS or the file is missing.

Ensure that both admin/jscripts/asb/asb_modal.js and admin/jscripts/asb/asb_modal.min.js exist.

Perhaps some other user will have the same problem if it is a bug in the plugin.

(2016-10-15, 05:21 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Also it would be much better if there was an option to put link to each image in slideshow sidebox. I want to use that like I create banners for stuff in forum and people simply can click on those images to reach that thread etc.

Yes, I can see how that would be beneficial. I will create an issue for adding that, but I can't say when I will have time to get it done.

(2016-10-15, 05:21 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]I am also unable to make avatars 'circle' since it seems it doesnt have its own class, I would like to put border-radius :50%

I have created an issue on GitHub referencing this issue. I think if I just moved the image HTML into the asb_whosonline_memberbit_avatar template it will allow you to style the avatars however you like.

I am sorry that you are having problems, but thank you for all the valuable feedback.
Yes both files exist.