MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to make the default modules (like latestthreads) wider? I cant seem to be able to do it
(2017-10-16, 09:24 AM)big moist Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to make the default modules (like latestthreads) wider? I cant seem to be able to do it

Yes, just have a look here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...side-boxes
Is there a way to put it in the sidebar that I have already written on my site? I have a sidebar with things such as a steam group box and our discord in it, but yous makes another sidebar even further to the right then that. Is there a easy way to fix this?
this is due to the plugin creating its own theme modifications and given you have those side boxes already within your design the plugin is creating its modifications along side of those already in existence.

The way to fix this is to edit your theme without looking at the code for the theme or plugin i will not comment on what to move etc but if you know your theme code then you should be able to figure this out.

Advanced Sidebox is good and if we had a couple more modules for it as i think wildcard has allowed for then it would be a bit more portable as well
(2017-10-17, 09:33 PM)Rem Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to put it in the sidebar that I have already written on my site? I have a sidebar with things such as a steam group box and our discord in it, but yous makes another sidebar even further to the right then that. Is there a easy way to fix this?

An easy way? I don't know if I'd go that far, but I can give you some guidance.

As it stands now, the only way to make it happen is by porting your current side boxes into ASB-- just create custom boxes and paste the current side box HTML in them. Then delete (or to be safe comment out) your custom side box HTML.

It is a little work, but in the end you will have the same boxes, but much more customizable.
Is it possible to put user info on welcome box? like user's nickname or post count?
(2017-10-18, 12:14 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to put user info on welcome box? like user's nickname or post count?

If you know a little PHP, you can edit the module and retrieve/display any information you wish, but that is the only way at this point.
Is there any tutorial explaining that? I don't know PHP and I don't want to mess things up just because I want to add 1 line of extra info to that area.
Just open the file (inc/plugins/asb/modules/welcome_box.php) in Notepad++ and look around-- it has a documented structure, so you can see what is happening. Make changes and see what they do-- if you "mess things up," restoring is as easy as overwriting the file with the one from the installation package.

The main thing is that you look at the templates used by the function, structure the new content appropriately, and then define the variables for that new content in asb_welcome_box_build_template()

EDIT: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...ensibility
Advanced Sidebox 3.1.6 Released

Fixes:
  • a bug where new modules weren't automatically installed as they should be
  • a bug where a generically-named function had the potential for conflicts

To upgrade: simply overwrite the existing files. No need to deactivate.