MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-08-20, 11:47 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]It's ready, but I haven't received any feedback on the beta release at all, and I have repeatedly asked for people to install the plugin and test (here, here, here, and here)

I even gave specific instructions on how to test and what to look for, but not one single person has given a reply. I'm not mad about it, but let me be perfectly clear to not just you, but anyone reading this:

I do not need ASB 4.0

...at all. I long ago made my forum's content responsive, and it is actually going to be a bit of a hassle for me to install 4.0 and reconfigure everything, so I am in absolutely no rush to release this and then have a ton of issues and bugs because no one would help with testing.

When and if I get some reports from actual testing users, then I will release 4.0, but until that happens, consider it stalled indefinitely.

(I will of course still patch 3.x, though)

I've been through this before and my life is a living hell when software isn't properly tested before release and I don't have time for that.

[Image: tenor.gif]

I can install the 4.0 beta version, but you will be limited to my testing on my new website.

The feedback will be limited to that, not other from websites.

I do want the responsive aspect of ASB, hence my reason to install the 4.0 to make it fit the overall scheme of my new website.

Would you consider if you customizing the 4.0 beta for my new website if I paid you for the work?
(2019-08-21, 02:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I can install the 4.0 beta version, but you will be limited to my testing on my new website.

I would appreciate any feedback/testing that you can give me.

The thing people don't realize is that I have tested...extensively, but it was with the same server configuration and forum setup every time. I need people to try it out on other servers, w/different forum setups, and give me feedback.

The more, the merrier.

(2019-08-21, 02:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Would you consider if you customizing the 4.0 beta for my new website if I paid you for the work?

You do not have to pay me to help you get 4.0 working with your theme. If you mean something more than that, then just post here (or message me privately, depending on the situation) and I will try to help you, if I can.
(2019-08-21, 03:00 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-21, 02:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I can install the 4.0 beta version, but you will be limited to my testing on my new website.

I would appreciate any feedback/testing that you can give me.

The thing people don't realize is that I have tested...extensively, but it was with the same server configuration and forum setup every time. I need people to try it out on other servers, w/different forum setups, and give me feedback.

The more, the merrier.

(2019-08-21, 02:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Would you consider if you customizing the 4.0 beta for my new website if I paid you for the work?

You do not have to pay me to help you get 4.0 working with your theme. If you mean something more than that, then just post here (or message me privately, depending on the situation) and I will try to help you, if I can.

I'll get back to you on that.

I will PM you and if you decide that the if the changes that were done for 4.0 beta can be shareable in this thread, I will leave that up to you. (in other words... if the changes are not specific to my website)
I remember i used this plugin years ago, and I already loved it back then. Now, after being away from any forum for quite some time, I have to get into things again. And of course I need to use this plugin. Wink

Great work, Wildcard ! Smile

One question though, without going through all 44 pages of this thread. ^^ Is there a german translation for this, or do I have to manually translate it myself ? Smile

Thanks in advance & have a nice weekend.

Wolf
(2019-08-24, 06:19 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]I remember i used this plugin years ago, and I already loved it back then. Now, after being away from any forum for quite some time, I have to get into things again. And of course I need to use this plugin. Wink

Great work, Wildcard ! Smile

Hi, Wolf Smile

Good to see you!

(2019-08-24, 06:19 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]One question though, without going through all 44 pages of this thread. ^^ Is there a german translation for this, or do I have to manually translate it myself ? Smile

I looked on the extend site, but didn't see any uploaded translations. Sorry Sad

(2019-08-24, 06:19 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks in advance & have a nice weekend.

Wolf

You're welcome, and same to you.

Hit me up on Discord, if you have it. (I'm always in the MyBB server)
Hey there Wildcard,

Ive been using your plugin for years and never had any issues until now. Everything seems to be working fine except for the slideshow and random quotes. I downloaded from Github and installed on a fresh copy of Mybb. The slideshow box is square but blank when there is a value in the image path/folder text box. When there is no path to a image folder the box does not expand. I have tried multiple folders.
The random quotes box says "there are no posts to display".
I have deleted all files and reinstalled. I searched everywhere but couldnt find any related issues.

Running on the default mybb 1.8.21 theme.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Sorry you are having problems. I'll try to take a look as soon as I can. I'm sort of right in the middle of some stuff, right now, though.
My apologies. I figured out why there are no random quotes. I just had the wrong settings. Rookie mistake. Been away for a couple years. Though I also noticed that slideshow is putting the image in the left footer. Trying to figure that out.
(2019-09-03, 02:22 AM)wcadmin Wrote: [ -> ]My apologies. I figured out why there are no random quotes. I just had the wrong settings. Rookie mistake. Been away for a couple years.

No biggie. Just glad you got it working Smile

(2019-09-03, 02:22 AM)wcadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Though I also noticed that slideshow is putting the image in the left footer. Trying to figure that out.

Look in the browser console for errors. Maybe there will be a clue as to what is causing the issue. It has been a long time since I looked at that JavaScript Toungue
(2019-09-03, 10:04 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Look in the browser console for errors. Maybe there will be a clue as to what is causing the issue. It has been a long time since I looked at that JavaScript Toungue

Thanks! I found this:
Uncaught TypeError: e.indexOf is not a function
    at w.fn.init.w.fn.load (jquery.js?ver=1821:2)
    at d.i [as showCurrent] (Slideshow.min.js:1)
    at new d (Slideshow.min.js:1)
    at index.php:441