MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 3.1.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: asb_logo_320.png]

Follow WildcardSearch On Twitter for Faster Updates:
[Image: q1W0aFv.png]

Advanced Sidebox allows admins to freely design side boxes for the forum in an intuitive and powerful way. Built over time with the advice of too many of its users to name, ASB has become the optimal solution for managing side boxes with the MyBB forum system.

[Image: ZPdPyOk.png]

Features:
  • create an unlimited amount of side boxes on the left, right or both
  • add side boxes to almost any page
  • side boxes can be created using core modules (listed below) or static HTML created by the admin
  • static HTML (termed custom side boxes) may be imported/exported to XML to backup, restore and share
  • side boxes expand/collapse just like the MyBB core windows
  • JavaScript visibility toggle icons for columns (uses cookies to remember states)
  • intuitive, drag and drop, side box management interface in ACP
  • context-sensitive help pages in ACP
  • easily extensible from single file modules for third-party developers and the hobbyist admin
  • CodeMirror supported when editing custom side boxes (if enabled in ACP)
  • compatible with Page Manager pages and custom scripts
  • AJAX Update integrated into the core and eight of the core modules! (listed below)

Controls:
  • which user group(s) the side boxes display for
  • which script(s) the side boxes display in
  • which theme(s) the side boxes display on
  • disable the plugin for specific themes
  • admin option to allow users to disable side boxes globally from usercp.php

Current side box types available:

• [Image: FMH0S6f.png] Birthdays
  • [Image: FMH0S6f.png] Forum Age [Image: nw832ed.png]
  • Forum Goals [Image: nw832ed.png]
  • Top Poster
  • Slideshow
  • Recent Posts [Image: nw832ed.png]
  • Who's Online [Image: nw832ed.png]
  • Latest Threads [Image: nw832ed.png]
  • Welcome
  • Statistics
  • Private Messages [Image: nw832ed.png]
  • Search
  • Random Quotes [Image: nw832ed.png]
  • Staff Online [Image: nw832ed.png]
  • You can also create your own custom box types with static content
[Image: acp_manage_sideboxes.png]

My forum has used this plugin since late 2011, although it has been in various stages of development at different times and I don't always use the latest version. It is stable and has shown only small issues that I have tried to fix as I've noticed.

Resources:

Support

I make no guarantees of support but I will always try.

For help with Installation and Upgrades look here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...stallation

For a list of MyBB themes and information on how to make them work best with Advanced Sidebox, look here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-223481...30871.html

Bugs/Issues

Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanced-Sidebox

Extensibility

This plugin uses single file modules to define different box types and developers can create custom box types for the Admin to use easily.

See: Advanced Sidebox Extensibility Reference

Third Party Addons

A list is maintained here of any modules created by users or any MyBB plugins that integrate with ASB:

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...iki/Addons

Change Log:

3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.3,

3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.1.4, 3.1.5, 3.1.6, 3.1.7, 3.1.8, 3.1.9, 3.1.10, 3.1.11, 3.1.12, 3.1.13, 3.1.14, 3.1.15, 3.1.16, 3.1.17, 3.1.18, 3.1.19

Make Advanced Sidebox Better!

Feel free to add advice or feedback. Go to GitHub and collaborate. Help and advice is always welcome. Smile
Thank you, great plugin.

Gives an error :
[2] require_once(/inc/plugins/asb/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 21 - File: inc/plugins/asb.php PHP 5.5.36 (Linux)
Oh, I apparently forgot uploading some files. Whoops.
That error indicates that file is missing. Are you sure you've copied the files correctly?
I'll check it again.

Yes apparently I forgot uploading functions php, thank you.

I have too many sub themes, I am unable to see the button when I want to add sidebar. (in a confirmation area to select in which themes I want sidebar to appear)

I solved the issue with CTRL - but its not ideal

Also I get blank screen after every change I make.

Sidebar suggestion : Twitter feedback.
(2016-10-14, 12:49 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]I'll check it again.

Yes apparently I forgot uploading functions php, thank you.

Glad you got it working. Smile

(2016-10-14, 12:49 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]I have too many sub themes, I am unable to see the button when I want to add sidebar. (in a confirmation area to select in which themes I want sidebar to appear)

I solved the issue with CTRL - but its not ideal

Are you saying that when creating a new side box, you have so many themes on the list that they are going off the page in the select box?

(2016-10-14, 12:49 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Also I get blank screen after every change I make.

Are you saying that the page is going blank after every change in ACP and you have to refresh?

Thank you for the reports.

(2016-10-14, 12:49 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Sidebar suggestion : Twitter feedback.

Check out custom boxes. You can create a custom side box with the HTML for different Twitter functionality.
I have sub themes for each different forum section. Although users are not able to pick them, that makes it about 40 themes in that list, which makes me unable to see rest of the page because in that screen it's not possible to scroll, it's locked. Only way I can see the page entirely is using CTRL (-) and making page smaller.

I have 1920x1080. So it's not really me having small screen.

Yes, I am having blank white page after every change I make in ASB.

Also I couldn't get rid of 'no' in Welcome sidebar. I translated everything, so instead of "new thread" it says "yeni konu" (new thread in turkish), but when there is no new thread it says " no yeni konu ". I am okay with it writing 0 yeni konu, but "no yeni konu" is not good Big Grin
Good plugin. I was doing these manually, but this makes it much easier Smile
(2016-10-14, 03:03 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]I have sub themes for each different forum section. Although users are not able to pick them, that makes it about 40 themes in that list, which makes me unable to see rest of the page because in that screen it's not possible to scroll, it's locked. Only way I can see the page entirely is using CTRL (-) and making page smaller.

I have 1920x1080. So it's not really me having small screen.

Okay I understand now. I'll check that out in a few minutes.

(2016-10-14, 03:03 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I am having blank white page after every change I make in ASB.

I haven't any problems in testing. Are you getting any JavaScript errors when this happens?

EDIT: Also give me your browser, version, etc. Thanks.

(2016-10-14, 03:03 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Also I couldn't get rid of 'no' in Welcome sidebar. I translated everything, so instead of "new thread" it says "yeni konu" (new thread in turkish), but when there is no new thread it says " no yeni konu ". I am okay with it writing 0 yeni konu, but "no yeni konu" is not good Big Grin

I'll take a look at that. You are probably on the right track with just changing that to a number.

Thank you so much for the reports. Give me some time and I'll get an update done.

(2016-10-14, 04:00 PM)Nuance Wrote: [ -> ]Good plugin. I was doing these manually, but this makes it much easier Smile

Thank you Smile
No I don't get any javascript error, I am only getting blank- white screen.
I am using Google Chrome latest version.
I just tested in Chrome again and I didn't have any issue. Confused