MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is a very powerful plugin

1 request for it is it possible you can add the myps (labrocca's plugin) in to like the inventory shop did and like have a option for which money system in the main board settings

because i use myps on my forum and i would really like to use this plugin with it
ethernet Wrote:this is a very powerful plugin

1 request for it is it possible you can add the myps (labrocca's plugin) in to like the inventory shop did and like have a option for which money system in the main board settings

because i use myps on my forum and i would really like to use this plugin with it
If you want to use this mod, I suggest using the in-built money system instead.
If MYPS has some feature that my plugin lacks, and that you want, tell me and I'll see if it can be implemented.
To answer your question, if MYPS was made into a module, then it can be integrated. I've already spent a fair amount of time on my money system, so I'm rather unwilling to write another money system which is pretty much the same.

If you want to "port" MYPS points to this plugin, it should be fairly easy:
1) Activate both plugins
2) Run the following SQL query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET money=myps
3) Deactivate MYPS

If you have any issues, feel free to post back.

Also, I noticed an issue with the Bank module. Below is an updated bank module v1.0.1. Changes:
- Fixed a bug with withdrawing money
- You can now edit how much money is in a user's bank in the AdminCP (requires the two code edits for MyPlaza to be done)
[attachment=8005]
You can just overwrite your old bank.php file under /inc/plugins/myplaza/ - there is no need to deactivate the Bank module first.
I will update the package on the first page in some time.
It looks good and can provide a load of functionality, but I don't think you should include stuff like "Set post count to 0", "Add 1000 to post count", etc. It just screws up the statistics. Also, when the admin does a recount of posts etc they will be overwritten.
DrPoodle Wrote:It looks good and can provide a load of functionality, but I don't think you should include stuff like "Set post count to 0", "Add 1000 to post count", etc. It just screws up the statistics. Also, when the admin does a recount of posts etc they will be overwritten.
These are NOT included as part of MyPlaza.
They are just demo modules, just trying to show what is possible with MyPlaza.

By default, the demo modules are not activated, so those items will not exist. They are included in the package though, so that a developer can see how to develop a module. I chose to use post count as it's something easy (a single query can change the post count), rather than resort to more complex code to demonstrate a concept.

Thanks for the comments though!
Ok, thats a good thing! In that case I think this is a great mod, and I love the use of AJAX in the entire thing.
I too love the Ajax. Ever since I started using MyBB, I wanted to be able to have my users buy their way into a new usergroup, and this seem to be the right plugin to do that.

I would think that why ethernet wants to use the MYPS system with it is because it includes a few addons (lotttery, slots etc.)

Great plugin though,

BP
blueparukia Wrote:I would think that why ethernet wants to use the MYPS system with it is because it includes a few addons (lotttery, slots etc.)

Great plugin though,
I see - thanks for the clarification.
I'll try and make my own versions of these mods if no one is willing to do so.

Anyways, just a quick update to this plugin. The main changes in v0.11 are a "fix" to allow modules to upload files via AJAX. This also allows most of this request to be filled Toungue I'll be working on an Inventory module soon.
The other thing in this update is a few minor bug fixes.
See first post again for download.
Since this is a quick update, is a preview version and not many people are using it, I won't bother providing upgrade instructions - just deactivate the plugin, upload the new files, then reactivate the plugin.
when i want to activate plugin

MySQL error: 1060
Duplicate column name 'money'
Query: ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD ( `money` decimal(10,2) NOT NULL default '10', `purchases` int(10) NOT NULL default '0' );
@zinga, good job, i didn't see any more bugs,, besides the Withdraw one and the ".php" issue.

My module is working perfectly, you told me that a inventory shop module can be made, how? using the _page function?

EDIT, zinga, i tried to find where is the displaying time of the message, but no luck xD. can you tell me where is it? i found the fadein and the fadeout but not the display time =/
NVM! i found, it is inside of myplaza.js (line 109) i changed the value to 10000 instead of 3000 and now it's ok.
This plugin sounds great to me. Hope there is a possibility to hook this with labrocca's MYPS Wink