MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It work... I don,t know how... But It work... Thz
Confused
So I guess you don't know what you did?

Oh well, if not, I'll have to treat this as just some random glitch or something >_>
OK thanks, will do the php5 swap over tonight and let you know how it goes, thanks!
Hmm, odd - I did a test on PHP 4.4.7, however, I didn't get any of your issues Confused

This is actually my v0.5 in development copy - so possibly the changes may have somehow "fixed" it, however, I don't really see how.
I'll try uploading my v0.43 (I hate uploading things - it sucks uploading a ~580KB plugin over a connection with a 1-2KB/sec upload on average Sad )

BTW, leealex helped me find a little conflict with the Userformatting module, and the Classic Reputation System.
This conflict causes usertitles not to be displayed (instead, <!-- USERTITLE --> is put in place).
This is really not an issue with MyPlaza, however, it doesn't hurt to include a compatibility fix Toungue
If you have the two installed, the attached file will fix the above issue.
[attachment=8367]

The other issue caused by external plugins is the Forum Warning System - see here for a fix: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid183099
The issue causes language labels in the AdminCP menu to not appear (however, the Inventory items link will appear, if you have the module enabled, because module language handling is somewhat separate from MyBB language handling).
I am using v.043
Sal Wrote:I am using v.043
Yeah you said - it's that I'm trying to replicate your issue so I can find the problem.
v0.5 is in development ATM - I typically test things with my latest code...
As I said, I'll try it on v0.43 - it just takes ages for me to upload anything on my connection >_>

Thanks.
sorry forgot I had already said that lol

thanks hon Smile
No worries.
Please tell me whether it works or not.

I tried v0.43 on PHP 4.4.7, however, worked fine for me >_>
I suspect possible plugin conflicts, however, I still can't imagine why it would cause your issues.

If you, or pachel still have issues, would you mind posting what plugins you are using, and, possibly, try disabling other plugins to see if there's a possible conflict you can discover?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT:
Okay, um, I've been looking through the code, to see what optimizations I can get.
It seems that language handling in MyPlaza does take a little time. I chose the system to be "compatible" and similar to MyBB's system, though I'm not sure why MyBB chose their scheme (it's a little odd).
I'm thinking about changing it, however, what do you translators think?

Basically, the change shouldn't be too drastic - for example, currently, something may look like:
$l['my_text'] = 'This is {1} text';
$l['some_other_text'] = 'This is another text';
Would change to something like:
$lang->my_text = 'This is %1$s text';
$lang->some_other_text = 'This is another text';

The second example would just run a fair bit faster than the first, though the first does look nicer.
Here are my plugins and their status

Emergency Message System - Activated

Advanced Stats on Index/Portal - Deactivated

Custom Pages - Activated

Inventory Shop - Deactivated

MyPlaza (Preview version) - Deactivated

MYPS - Deactivated

Newsletter Plugin - Deactivated

PJIRC Chat - Activated

Simple Calendar on Portal - Deactivated

Post Please! - Activated

Rules Page - Activated

Shoutbox - Activated

Side Boxes! - Activated

Staff Application - Activated
Hmm, that's quite a list there. Would it be possible to narrow it down, and see if you can figure if there's a conflict? Or perhaps set up a 2nd test board and see if you can discover the conflict?
It's difficult for me to do, cause I don't have your server configuration.

Oh, and you can also try something else - once you've activated MyPlaza, go to Modules and deactivate the Income module. This causes MyPlaza to not hook posting functions at all, so if there's still an issue, I highly doubt MyPlaza would be the factor, since it doesn't even touch the posting pages.