MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Or an upload function? So you can upload straight into the images/myplaza/inventory folder? If possible hehe
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:Place the icon in /images/myplaza and don't use any path references.

I might think about allowing remote/absolute URLs...

thank you sir
jcay Wrote:Or an upload function? So you can upload straight into the images/myplaza/inventory folder? If possible hehe

yeah doing them 1 by 1 is bad enough Big Grin
I'm actually thinking of the admin that might not have access to the ftp details in order to upload new images to add them... It would be a pretty cool feature either way tho hehe Smile
ok in my inventory i have 2 "coffee"

i cannot "send" any of them to another user (says i do not own that item)

also, when you are in the actual plaza (as opposed to trying to send it from your inventory) it wants the "ITEM ID" where the heck do you find that out, and why cant you just type the item name instead?
jcay Wrote:I'm actually thinking of the admin that might not have access to the ftp details in order to upload new images to add them... It would be a pretty cool feature either way tho hehe Smile

ah, that might be cool.... till members start adding stuff you shouldnt be selling lol
Geez Wrote:yeah doing them 1 by 1 is bad enough Big Grin
If you can upload via FTP, your FTP client should allow you to select all the files you want to upload, and then upload them for you...

jcay Wrote:I'm actually thinking of the admin that might not have access to the ftp details in order to upload new images to add them... It would be a pretty cool feature either way tho hehe Smile
Most admins _should_ have FTP access. Well, if you don't have FTP access, you can't install MyBB - so that you're either piggy-backing off someone else, or using a multi-forum script. Whether you can upload will also depend if they make the folders writable.

Still, I think it's convenient to be able to upload via the AdminCP (it's why I added module uploading via the AdminCP), so will probably be included Toungue
Thanks for the idea!

Geez Wrote:ok in my inventory i have 2 "coffee"

i cannot "send" any of them to another user (says i do not own that item)

also, when you are in the actual plaza (as opposed to trying to send it from your inventory) it wants the "ITEM ID" where the heck do you find that out, and why cant you just type the item name instead?
In MyPlaza, most things are considered "items". Sending users an inventory item isn't really meant to be something that is done in the plaza - I can't really make it simpler than "Item ID". The reason you cannot simply enter the name is because multiple items can have the same name (and then, you have issues...).

Still, I don't know why you can't send items from the inventory page...
I'll see if I can find the reason, but I dunno...
Thanks
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:In MyPlaza, most things are considered "items". Sending users an inventory item isn't really meant to be something that is done in the plaza - I can't really make it simpler than "Item ID". The reason you cannot simply enter the name is because multiple items can have the same name (and then, you have issues...).

Still, I don't know why you can't send items from the inventory page...
I'll see if I can find the reason, but I dunno...
Thanks

allright i understand your point!

where do i find the item id then??? or how do i tell my users where to go to find out the "item ID" so they can send items?

thank you
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:If you can upload via FTP, your FTP client should allow you to select all the files you want to upload, and then upload them for you...

yeah i can do that, but you still have to enter them individually in the admincp, correct? or is there a way to do a "mass add"?
Yes, you'll have to assign the images one by one, but then, you'll also have to create the items one by one...