MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue getting MyPlaza to recognize my FTP settings. I know the username/password/path is alright, because I'm logging in fine via FileZilla to the server.

The only thing I can think is that my server is being too "restrictive" and is stopping it from connecting. Anyway I can "debug" this issue?

On a side note, what's the URL the script checks for updates? My host (Gamespy) needs to add URL's to it's whitelist for checking websites for updates (due to hackings that took place a while ago or something).
Sal Wrote:Ok so how do I do that then?
Unfortunately, I can't give much support for plugins other people write. I don't have the sideboxes plugin either, so can't do it for you...
Here's a dirty trick which should work though. In the PHP file of the sideboxes plugin, Find all instances of "rebuild_settings" and replace it with "_rebuild_settings".

pachel Wrote:well zinga thats because its not active and i tryd much and now got it so i only cant see the things in admin cp anymore of myplaza i did the config_am file this time again and yeah download empty files

and i cant ad the file since its empty
pachel, I really do not understand you. Firstly, you said that MyPlaza was causing an issue, and that deactivating fixed the problem. Now you're saying it's not active (deactivated) and are getting the problem.
Phrases like "i only cant see the things" don't help either, cause I don't know what "things" are.

I know for certain that MyPlaza doesn't cause any file downloads like you're saying, since the only way for a PHP script to do that is send Content-Disposition headers, which MyPlaza doesn't do. If the files are blank, it would be an issue with the server.

Soshite Wrote:I'm having an issue getting MyPlaza to recognize my FTP settings. I know the username/password/path is alright, because I'm logging in fine via FileZilla to the server.

The only thing I can think is that my server is being too "restrictive" and is stopping it from connecting. Anyway I can "debug" this issue?
Hmm, is the FTP server on the same host as the website? You could try "localhost" as the server.
Since it sounds like you have a whitelist, you may have blocked your own FTP host... dunno.

Debugging is difficult, since it'll either connect, or won't connect. Then once you connect, you'll either get a successful login, or won't (since you're certain of your login details, this shouldn't be an issue).
The other main gotcha is the forumdir. Basically, when a module requests to perform a code edit, it'll look for <forumdir>/<file> - if it doesn't exist, it will fail. Since you're using FTP, paths are chrooted to the FTP root.
Internally, all MyPlaza will do is chdir to your specified forumdir and perform all actions there.

It also could be an issue with my code, since I've only been able to test it on my server only.

I'll see if I can find any issues with trying to get it to work with jcay, when I get home.

Soshite Wrote:On a side note, what's the URL the script checks for updates? My host (Gamespy) needs to add URL's to it's whitelist for checking websites for updates (due to hackings that took place a while ago or something).
IIRC http://zingaburga.com/updates/update_check.php?somearguments and http://zingaburga.com/updates/get_update.php?somearguments
You can look for them in /admin/myplaza.php and /admin/myplaza_update.php
oh sorry i was saying if it was deactevated nothing was causing a problem but when i reactivate it then i get to download an empty plugin.php file

and the things i mean is the menu in the admin cp when i click on the words i get a white screen loaded within the admin cp
The Side Boxes plugin is unlikely to be the problem... I also use that plugin and have had no problems running MYPlaza... I just can't connect to Advanced Modules it seems hehe but i think that's more me than the plugin Wink
Hmm, since you gave me your FTP details, I "stole" your sideboxes.php file jcay...

Anyways, it does appear that sideboxes.php declares rebuild_settings conditionally.

So the only answer for Sal's issue would be that he/she is using v0.42 rather than v0.43; try downloading the latest package and see if it solves your problem. Toungue
SHE Wink and I have v.043 already Wink
I don't think localhost would work, since my server has two different servers (web1 and web2, web2 has PHP5, while the other is working towards moving to it).

I remember having issues trying to get SMF to work FTP-wise. Now, if I enabled PHP, I noticed you said something about CHMOD in the comments. What files would need to be 777'd, etc., in case I couldn't get FTP to work?
do you read my post to or did u ingore it or oversaw it i explained it corectly this time i need help to fix this
Sal Wrote:SHE Wink and I have v.043 already Wink

Right, re-downloaded everything, re-uploaded everything, got an error 404 when activating the plugin, although on refresh of the plugin mangers page it was activated, settings page ok in change settings BUT I now get this error on any of the MyPlaza section pages in the AdminCP:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: stripos() in /home/piacpwnk/public_html/admin/myplaza.php on line 26

And every time you try to reply to a post on my forum you got a page 404, so I have deactivated it for the time being.

Any ideas whats going on?
pachel Wrote:and the things i mean is the menu in the admin cp when i click on the words i get a white screen loaded within the admin cp
Sal Wrote:
Sal Wrote:SHE Wink and I have v.043 already Wink

Right, re-downloaded everything, re-uploaded everything, got an error 404 when activating the plugin, although on refresh of the plugin mangers page it was activated, settings page ok in change settings BUT I now get this error on any of the MyPlaza section pages in the AdminCP:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: stripos() in /home/piacpwnk/public_html/admin/myplaza.php on line 26

And every time you try to reply to a post on my forum you got a page 404, so I have deactivated it for the time being.

Any ideas whats going on?
I'm starting to think the issues you guys are having relate to PHP 4.
I'll need to test this on PHP 4...

The AdminCP can be fixed - in /admin/myplaza.php
Find the line which defines REFERRER (should look something like:
define('REFERRER'   ...
)
and move it after the line (should look something like):
require_once './global.php';

Hope that helps

Soshite Wrote:I don't think localhost would work, since my server has two different servers (web1 and web2, web2 has PHP5, while the other is working towards moving to it).

I remember having issues trying to get SMF to work FTP-wise. Now, if I enabled PHP, I noticed you said something about CHMOD in the comments. What files would need to be 777'd, etc., in case I couldn't get FTP to work?
If you want, PM me FTP details.

I've fixed leealex and jcay's issues.