MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've mainly got to fix some issues for users with Javascript disabled.

But anyway, with the AJAX issue you used to get with.
It's interesting - I copied some text from your site, and it works on my own site fine.

However, I've just added an item with some text from your language - it shows fine in the AdminCP, but not in the plaza at all (without buying an item).
I did notice this however: the pages in your AdminCP are sending charset UTF-8, whereas pages in your forums are sending charset=windows-1251.
Unfortunately, AJAX is restricted to UTF-8. Would it be possible to get your charset, on the forums, to be UTF-8 as well?

You may want to read this as well: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/UTF8_Setup
I wouldn't like to play with charsets I just afraid to screw up my board, can i just disable ajax without converting cp-1251 to UTF-8?
Okay, I've made a few changes to MyPlaza to utilize MyBB 1.2.10's new charset system. Did a test with your charset, and some text copied from your website, and AJAX appears to be working on it. Hopefully, it'll also work on your board too.
Since it's done through CREATE TABLE, you'll have to reactivate MyPlaza before you see any changes.
I understand you not wanting to mess things up, however, I recommend that you backup the DB someday, and convert to UTF-8. If something does stuff up, you can restore your DB. UTF-8 is becoming increasingly standard, so... yeah. And MyBB's UTF-8 conversion tool should have been well tested, so shouldn't cause any issues.

It's best if we can get AJAX working with your language, rather than have to resort to disabling it Toungue
But I've fixed the issues with users having Javascript disabled as well, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Have a few other minor issues to sort out, before I release v0.43. Shouldn't be too long.
i can't reactivate myplza couse i'll have to reactivate many other plugins they are connected some how, if i'll turn myplaza of it'll cause lots of errors.
just want to disable ajax, is it possible?
I created a new item in "my category" you can try to buy it and you'll see tha it's name will turn into ?????? after you click "buy item"
leealex Wrote:i can't reactivate myplza couse i'll have to reactivate many other plugins they are connected some how, if i'll turn myplaza of it'll cause lots of errors.
just want to disable ajax, is it possible?
Alright, I presume you're talking about the rebuild_settings glitch? The next version will take that into consideration, so that problem shouldn't occur.

You can't really disable AJAX in v0.42 cause there's some bugs in it preventing my disable switch from working properly. This will be fixed in v0.43.

leealex Wrote:I created a new item in "my category" you can try to buy it and you'll see tha it's name will turn into ?????? after you click "buy item"
It doesn't do that here.
Tested in both Firefox 2 and IE6.

Here's a screenshot of what I get in IE6: (I have images disabled)
[Image: clipboard01da8.jpg]

Maybe an issue with your IE6? Also check View menu->Encoding. Try Firefox, and see if it works.

I'm still working on v0.43, so just hang on...
here's my screenshot

[Image: screendq0.jpg]

and when i'll translate myplaza into russian everithg's gonna be in ????????????

maybe everything works fine in firefox but about 90% of users using IE Sad
leealex Wrote:maybe everything works fine in firefox but about 90% of users using IE Sad

Well yes it has a majority of the users but not as much as it used to that for sure. As just about everyone gets more used to using computers it's been slowly dropping. Also with a lot of people going back to Mac, and techies telling their friends to use Linux it's been dropping.

Also IE 7 is out so well IE 6 shouldn't even be in play anymore.
leealex Wrote:and when i'll translate myplaza into russian everithg's gonna be in ????????????

maybe everything works fine in firefox but about 90% of users using IE Sad
Could you check your encoding settings under View -> Encoding - what's selected there?

I know a large proportion of people use IE, which is why I try to make it compatible with IE. It's just that it works on my IE6 (I presume it should work on IE7) and doesn't on yours, which is why I'm interested to see why.

Thanks.
Cyrilic Windows