MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:@Kikkerking: MyPlaza checks to see if the file for the module exists before including it, so the fact that you may be missing a module shouldn't be causing the issue. I think the error says what it means - your webserver doesn't have permission to read the file. Make sure you haven't modified any file permissions on the file, to deny read access.

I don't think I changed those, but just in case, what files need ot have a specific CHMOD and could you tell me which? Thanks.

The warning is fixed btw, by uploading that ugroup.php file, however I still have the admin CP problem on which I asked about above.
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:I've had a look at the code, but I can't see any issues for the problems you guys are having.

@Diamons: The 'ajaxmethod' field is created upon install. If the install somehow messed up really badly, you would be missing an entire table, not just a field. The only thing I can think of is if you're upgrading from an older (v0.3 or something) release, without running the upgrade script.

@Kikkerking: MyPlaza checks to see if the file for the module exists before including it, so the fact that you may be missing a module shouldn't be causing the issue. I think the error says what it means - your webserver doesn't have permission to read the file. Make sure you haven't modified any file permissions on the file, to deny read access.

@jmeanor: I can't produce your error either - the file should be valid.
Could you please double-check that you've uploaded /inc/myplaza/myplaza_plugin.php ?

And if none of you can solve the problems, could you please set up a new clean test board, install MyPlaza and see if you can reproduce the issue? If so, please post a step-by-step guide on how you produced the issue, so that I can reproduce and debug it.
Thanks.

I'll just delete all the files and perform a clean reinstall. I'll tell you how it goes, thanks.
Kikkerking Wrote:
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:@Kikkerking: MyPlaza checks to see if the file for the module exists before including it, so the fact that you may be missing a module shouldn't be causing the issue. I think the error says what it means - your webserver doesn't have permission to read the file. Make sure you haven't modified any file permissions on the file, to deny read access.

I don't think I changed those, but just in case, what files need ot have a specific CHMOD and could you tell me which? Thanks.

The warning is fixed btw, by uploading that ugroup.php file, however I still have the admin CP problem on which I asked about above.
There doesn't need to be a specific CHMOD - as long as your webserver can read the file. Generally 644 is standard.
But since you fixed it by reuploading, I'd be clueless. Unless you know some issue with PHP's file_exists() function with your server? ...
I really cannot see why you're getting that AdminCP error though. Function redeclaration always causes a Fatal error, across all configurations I know of, so if there was an issue, I would've noticed it immediately.
If you wouldn't mind, could you do the following?
1) Try reactivating the plugin
2) If that doesn't work, could you set up a quick test board, and see if you can reproduce the issue? If so, could you give me a step-by-step on how you produced it? This is so that I can trace it through and see if I can produce the error on my side as well.

Thanks!

Diamons Wrote:
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:I've had a look at the code, but I can't see any issues for the problems you guys are having.

@Diamons: The 'ajaxmethod' field is created upon install. If the install somehow messed up really badly, you would be missing an entire table, not just a field. The only thing I can think of is if you're upgrading from an older (v0.3 or something) release, without running the upgrade script.

@Kikkerking: MyPlaza checks to see if the file for the module exists before including it, so the fact that you may be missing a module shouldn't be causing the issue. I think the error says what it means - your webserver doesn't have permission to read the file. Make sure you haven't modified any file permissions on the file, to deny read access.

@jmeanor: I can't produce your error either - the file should be valid.
Could you please double-check that you've uploaded /inc/myplaza/myplaza_plugin.php ?

And if none of you can solve the problems, could you please set up a new clean test board, install MyPlaza and see if you can reproduce the issue? If so, please post a step-by-step guide on how you produced the issue, so that I can reproduce and debug it.
Thanks.

I'll just delete all the files and perform a clean reinstall. I'll tell you how it goes, thanks.
Thanks a lot for that Diamons! Smile
It worked like a charm! However, is there a way to like count up all the posts right now and add the money?

My users would be ticked off if all the previous points went to waste...

Also, I'm wondering if you could really add this feature. It would be a great addition to my board.

You know the inventory? Say we get random items when posting, making threads, etc. at random % chance set by us in the AdminCP. We add the item stats and info, description, etc. and people acquire it randomly when posting/making threads/voting, etc.

Would this be very hard?
Any idea when this will work with the latest MyBB release?
anyway to get a .zip file download instead of .rar?
Diamons Wrote:It worked like a charm! However, is there a way to like count up all the posts right now and add the money?

My users would be ticked off if all the previous points went to waste...

Also, I'm wondering if you could really add this feature. It would be a great addition to my board.

You know the inventory? Say we get random items when posting, making threads, etc. at random % chance set by us in the AdminCP. We add the item stats and info, description, etc. and people acquire it randomly when posting/making threads/voting, etc.

Would this be very hard?
Cool, thanks Diamons for the effort.
For recounting money, you can visit your AdminCP -> MyPlaza -> Maintanence -> Recalculate Money.
It's based on posts, threads etc, so make sure you set what you want people to earn before using this.
As for the Inventory idea, code-wise, it's not difficult. Perhaps the difficult part is making the interface... Toungue

jordanlw Wrote:Any idea when this will work with the latest MyBB release?
The latest version (v0.52) will work on all MyBB releases from 1.2.2 to 1.2.12.

baseballworld Wrote:anyway to get a .zip file download instead of .rar?
You can get a ZIPped version from: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/myplaza
Oh, thanks. I completely forgot to scroll >.<; This thing is working fine for me, thanks so much for the plugin. Could you make that random item thing for me then? O.o;
jordanlw Wrote:Any idea when this will work with the latest MyBB release?

Works fine w/ my forum. Smile
Zinga help, I got this админ when I buy "change user title"
take a look: http://www.vitz-omsk.com/member.php?acti...file&uid=1
looks like ajax causes trouble Sad